Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

Remembering our friend, MR 300

RIP dear friend . . .  it truly was an honor to meet you before you left us too soon.    
Military Veteran wounded in service (shot center mass high power rifle), returned to a full career in law enforcement after recovering and all the time he spent helping others and the veterans organization.  truly one in a billion

20131224_131959a.jpg

• Like 1

I talked with Bill a lot outside of this forum, we were friends. So many times I want to send him an email telling him something funny.  Or to have him block a bad buyer on Ebay.  Or him talk about what he found  with his metal detector.  Then he would be ready to take off fishing.  He would say, "Well someone has to do it"   Your deeply missed by me and many others Bill. 

• Like 3

I'm sorry I never made the time to take a drive down there to meet him and his beloved mustang. We talked about it.   

I missing seeing all the work he did for his veteran group.  

I remember seeing an article about the story of him getting wounded.  Anyone remember where that was?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

I'm sorry I never made the time to take a drive down there to meet him and his beloved mustang. We talked about it.   

I missing seeing all the work he did for his veteran group.  

I remember seeing an article about the story of him getting wounded.  Anyone remember where that was?

Vietnam  

his son now shows his Shelby - - - so part of his passion lives on.  I had hoped to get back down the next year to meet him again as he was only about 45 min from where I stay in Naples when visiting Mom.   He had a Roush before the Shelby and quite a collection of metal detector finds to show us like skeeter said.  He showed us the metal detectors he used and shared a story about a friend of his and him across on the east side of the state finding a ring that sold for over $25K.

9 hours ago, Go-C Graphics said:

Bill had posted that news article on the forum a few times. I did a search for it but could not locate it.

2 hours ago, arty-rc said:

Bill had posted that news article on the forum a few times. I did a search for it but could not locate it.

unfortunately when we switched from the old forum software we lost the ability to search the old articles -