Sign in to follow this  
livinloudgraphics

looking into new stuff

im looking into new cutters and software, i know there is alot of them out. between roland, laserpoint, graphtec. which one would you perfer. and also which software is easiest to use with said cutters?

Graphtec,  great for no problems and great detail. PLUS you get the Graphtec version of Flexisignpro as your software. Just no printer drivers.  Cutter must be the new ones being sold now.   That is $1000 plus value software. I have owned my cutter since 2008, never a problem. 

Super happy with my Graphtec. Just wish I bought it a lot sooner!

It comes with software that will be on both PC and Mac platforms, but in reality - I still use SBE, works like a charm!

18 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Graphtec,  great for no problems and great detail. PLUS you get the Graphtec version of Flexisignpro as your software. Just no printer drivers.  Cutter must be the new ones being sold now.   That is $1000 plus value software. I have owned my cutter since 2008, never a problem. 

is that what coreldraw is?

No, It's Flexisignpro,,   With no printer drivers.  Called GraphtecPro Studio.   Coreldraw is not cutting software. It is design software. 

6 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

No, It's Flexisignpro,,   With no printer drivers.  Called GraphtecPro Studio.   Coreldraw is not cutting software. It is design software. 

how do i get printer drivers?  so the software comes with it but i cant cut with it?

why would you need printer drivers?   A Graphtec vinyl cutter is NOT a printer. It is a vinyl cutter. Printers=print ink.  Vinyl cutters,=cut.. You cannot put ink in a Graphtec vinyl cutter. and print. It is for cutting vinyl or plotting with the pen tool.  .   GraphtecPro Studio has CUTTER drivers, just like it is supposed to, to run a vinyl cutter. Flexisign pro is design/ CUTTING and printing software.  It is the same that your cutting with now. Only newer.  You stated that your Flexi  was not cutting or communicating with your cutter. . The new Graphtecs come with their own CUTTING software and CUTTING drivers. . Just like Flexisignpro.  Nothing more I will add to this.  Now you can do your own homework.  

1 hour ago, livinloudgraphics said:

how do i get printer drivers?  so the software comes with it but i cant cut with it?

Which software are you looking to use with your cutter?

If you're talking about using your existing cutter, but trying to cut with Sign Blazer, then you need to select a cutter in the SB software (Cutter > Setup)

If you're talking about using a Graphtec cutter with their software - it's basically all inclusive. You can download their design/cutting software when you get their cutter. There is also plugins that Graphtec has that will allow to cut directly from some other design software - I don't know what they are from the top of my head, because I still use SB with my Graphtec.

7 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

why would you need printer drivers?   A Graphtec vinyl cutter is NOT a printer. It is a vinyl cutter. Printers=print ink.  Vinyl cutters,=cut.. You cannot put ink in a Graphtec vinyl cutter. and print. It is for cutting vinyl or plotting with the pen tool.  .   GraphtecPro Studio has CUTTER drivers, just like it is supposed to, to run a vinyl cutter. Flexisign pro is design/ CUTTING and printing software.  It is the same that your cutting with now. Only newer.  You stated that your Flexi  was not cutting or communicating with your cutter. . The new Graphtecs come with their own CUTTING software and CUTTING drivers. . Just like Flexisignpro.  Nothing more I will add to this.  Now you can do your own homework.  

oh i see i thought you meant i needed a printer driver for it to work. silly me lol

ps what graphtec do yall have? i seen different ones but i am doing research on what is best 

1 hour ago, livinloudgraphics said:

oh i see i thought you meant i needed a printer driver for it to work. silly me lol

ps what graphtec do yall have? i seen different ones but i am doing research on what is best 

grapthec pro studio comes with cut drivers for their cutters - no others - the difference between that and flexisign pro is that flexisign pro comes with the RIP softare for wide format printers (Raster Image Processor) - both will work with desktop printers and for desktop sublimation printers - a vinyl plotter is not a printer

Graphtec and I like vinyl master pro V4 it’s easily learned with a lot of useful tools and features and a great vectoring tool