livinloudgraphics

signblazer

when i have install signblazer and my cutters driver. i go to setup and the printer says its on com 7 but there isnt one in signblazer what do it do

change the comm on your computer.

Control Panel -> Device Manager ->find comm 7, right click select properties, Port Settings, Advanced, select a different comm number. For some reason it will usually saw 1 and 2 are used even though they are not. I believe Signblazer tops out at 4, so set the device to comm 1, 2, 3, or 4 and you should be able to get it to then work in SB.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, darcshadow said:

change the comm on your computer.

Control Panel -> Device Manager ->find comm 7, right click select properties, Port Settings, Advanced, select a different comm number. For some reason it will usually saw 1 and 2 are used even though they are not. I believe Signblazer tops out at 4, so set the device to comm 1, 2, 3, or 4 and you should be able to get it to then work in SB.

thanks got it to work so its got to be flexi doing something wrong? how do i import a eps file  ive done a little research and i dumbfounded on this

20 minutes ago, livinloudgraphics said:

I have tried that but it doesn't come up to be nothing none of my files are showing up

what file format are you trying to import?  It won't import .fs files. That is only for Flexi software.  You will have to choose .eps files,  .ai files  

i believe SB will also do .svg files as well (although I stick with the .eps type). As long as you stick with a standard type of file (ie. .eps, .svg, .ai, etc.) many cutter software will be able to pick it up (import). That way, you can use it across several different programs and it's also cross platform (PC & Mac).

46 minutes ago, haumana said:

i believe SB will also do .svg files as well (although I stick with the .eps type). As long as you stick with a standard type of file (ie. .eps, .svg, .ai, etc.) many cutter software will be able to pick it up (import). That way, you can use it across several different programs and it's also cross platform (PC & Mac).

Sorry, but Signblazer is NOT Mac compatible.  You might be able to use Parralles on the Mac to make it work.  But not just Mac.   Jay2703  had the dongle disc version.   Not a download, like now. 

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/23031-what-software-is-compatible-with-macs/

1 hour ago, haumana said:

im trying to import eps files.  i donthave a mac this is what i have. its a hp computer

20180603_183551.jpg

no one said you had a mac...I am just correcting above,,  She said Signblazer was Mac compatible.  it is not. 

3 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

no one said you had a mac...I am just correcting above,,  She said Signblazer was Mac compatible.  it is not. 

My bad if I caused confusion.

I said if you use standard type of vector file - .eps, .svg, etc. then that type of file is cross platform.

13 minutes ago, haumana said:

My bad if I caused confusion.

I said if you use standard type of vector file - .eps, .svg, etc. then that type of file is cross platform.

Could be my skimming reading also.  :wacko:

The version of EPS matters as well. Not all EPS's are the same, and not all EPS's are vectors either. If you don't mind, and it's not a copyright violation, post one of the eps files that you can't open here and we'll give it at try opening it in SB.

SignBlazer will only import and work with .eps files that are 'legacy' versions (SB is older software that's unable to be updated for handling anything past v.8-- IIRC)