NedTG

GX-24 General Questions & Material Questions

Hey Forum!

I recently aquired a GX-24 from a liqduidation sale at a local sticker store & would love some support getting it running.

The guy gave me a very brief rundown of how the software & hardware works but I still don't quite get the limitations & general use.

So far I know :

The Software SignBlazer came with it, easy to use & provides a cutting & editing tool
there's a piece of software that plugs into Adobe Illustrator - Haven't tried it but tried a few designs in AI and they print awesome when put into signblazer.

The Vinyl they used was an avery 800/900 series, There's a place where I can order it at a good price but I'd love to try some other materials I just don't know what can be used.

I've heard great things about 3M and looked into their 1080 line up - Love the carbon & colours would love to use them in a design but it's advertised as Vinyl Wrap, Can I still Plug and play with the cutter or would I need to make some adjustments?

If I need adjustments what would I do & does anyone have documentation on it?

Same with Gritty materials (SandBlasted?) matte & glossy metallic ones, Do I need to change anything and if so where can I learn more about what needs changing.

Is this a good model machine & what kind of blades and maintnance stuff would I need for this?

Would love any help regarding the cluster of information I've written!

Thanks again!

First thing.  go download the user manual for your machine, and read it.  Plenty of Youtube, videos. Plenty of ways to do searches on Google or any other search engine. The vinyl cutter is NOT a printer.. And it is not Plug and Play. You will find that out when you read your user manual. This is a skilled job, and takes time learning it. That will not be in 1 day or even a week. We still learn new things everyday and we have been on here for years.   The rest of the answers have been posted hundreds of times on this forum, take some time to search and read. We all had to start out searching and reading, that is part of your job. .Every one of your questions, there is a section on it.   Roland,  Signblazer, Illustrator, Vinyl.  Maybe you can find some college courses or someone local who is teaching how to run a vinyl cutter in your area. This forum is full of years of info, it's your job to read it. You also may have Roland tech support. I don't know for used machines. Roland also has their own forum, very few Roland owners here. For higher end vinyl cutters, we mostly use a Graphtec.  ..Enjoy your vinyl cutter.