Sign in to follow this  
Scratchthejeepguy

Cutting rounded corners on coroplast

I have about 40 small signs to make from coroplast.  The signs are about 8"x12" and I'll be adding vinyl letters to them.  They're already cut to size using a table saw, but I'd like to have the corners rounded with some sort of radius.  About a 1-2" radius maybe.  Any ideas on how to achieve that without just using a knife?

Router or a dremel with a template made of wood that you can use as a guide.

I use a router table that I use for my photo frames I make to round just about everything. I use a bit that has a guide bearing on it so i get the same cut every time.

• Like 1

Many places have corner rounders for aluminum signs that work on coroplast.   The good ones are a bit costly.  So probably only a good thing if your doing this a great deal.

t207-l.gif

• Like 1

I do similar to Julian. I have a template with a 3/4" radius (it's actually an old shelve from a set of corner cabinets that has a nice finished edge) that I place below the sign material and clamp it all down. Then I run a Formica trimmer blade with the little bearing. It's a bit tedious because you have to do it for each corner but you can stack up quite a few and do them all at once if you get one of the taller versions of the trimmer. Works on all of the substrates that I have ever used including full 0.080 aluminum.   

• Like 1