leftover vinyls

New guy 1st post

I joined the forum  awhile back after finding it thru a google search . I  surf the site when I get a chance. Usually from a motel I'm staying in since I spend most of my time on the road. But this is a hobby I have been interested in for sometime now. So I'm going to try and find some extra time for it.  I haven't purchased any equipment yet. Still collecting info online when I can. Anyone have any good ideas for a decent cutter that I could take on the road with me , that would be easy to use , move, and set up and take down? I figure instead of lying in a bed watching TV while out on the road. I could be something productive 

A belayed Welcome!

Maybe do the designing in the motel room time and save the actual cutting for at home.

You won'r have to drag along vinyl, blades, weeding tools etc.

Sue2

Sue, you raise a good point ----  the cutter itself is only part of the equation.

The vinyl needs a feed-roller assembly, which a cutter stand will provide, but a tabletop model has no such amenity.

In other words, you'll have to figure out a way to hold the rolls of vinyl while the machine runs it through. THIS would work ---
product.300.875535.jpg

welcome aboard!! as u should b able to tell, a lot of knowledgeable peeps on here that don't mind helping others out and to learn this biz.  I met and ended up with a friend from on here. he had started n this vinyl world about 12 mnths b4 me, he as went beyond out of his way to help and teach me the vinyl trade.

as mentioned above, I have also considered the table top titan for a mobile cutter. I'm hoping to end up with everything set up n an enclosed to b able to hit festivals and car shows and events. but sue also has a pretty good idea, spend most of that time designing and not dragging around equipment to set up and tear dn.

then that's another good idea from slice. that would work for that mimaki cutter I was looking at from a friend of mine. he didn't have a stand and was just cutting from sheets of vinyl instead of rolls. I had just planned on buying a stand if I bought it. but ended up with a used Graphtec instead. he still has it as of now, I may pik it up for this mobile venture I'm wanting to set up

I wonder how well the vinyl rolls will hold up sitting in a vehicle for days.  The heat can get pretty high.  They ship UPS | FedEx | USPS so they can handle it for a couple of days, but I wonder about longer term. Anyone have any experience?

Had a friend leave a 24"x 50 yd roll in her vehicle for 8 hours,  in the summer.  it cooked it. You could feel the difference, it made it much softer, and the adhesive sticky. You could feel the heat in it.  I use it for testing new designs,  and see if the design looks good,  not to sell. 

• Sad 1