Hi. having big problems with import of svg files in vinylmaster. i generally use incskape to edit pitchures but now i cant do so anymore becouse when i got vinylmaster all svg files are destroyed when importing to vinylmaster cut ltr. why does this happend? se result pitchures below. logos is for my own bike when the orginal logos where destroyd. when washing it. so no trademark or copyright problem here. 

Any ideas?

incskape test.png

test 1 vinylmaster.png

Have you tried saving the svg files in different svg formats? Because SVG is an open source format, it is not as strictly controled as a proprietary format would be and different software treats different aspects of the format slightly differently. Inkscape can save as "Inkscape SVG", "Plain SVG", and "Optimized SVG". Might try a different one and see how it works. Inkscape can also save off as EPS so might just give that a go.

Guest Future Support

You may be able to fix this if you convert the text to "paths" before you save the SVG file

On 21.5.2018 at 3:41 PM, darcshadow said:

Have you tried saving the svg files in different svg formats? Because SVG is an open source format, it is not as strictly controled as a proprietary format would be and different software treats different aspects of the format slightly differently. Inkscape can save as "Inkscape SVG", "Plain SVG", and "Optimized SVG". Might try a different one and see how it works. Inkscape can also save off as EPS so might just give that a go.

Yes. I have tried all svg file types that are in incscape. all exacly the same..

On 21.5.2018 at 4:42 PM, Guest Future Support said:

You may be able to fix this if you convert the text to "paths" before you save the SVG file

did not work. but gave me an idea. i added nodes in inkscape before i exported it to vinylmaster. that did the trick. vinylmaster is very sensitive to little nodes obviously

• Like 1

Guest Amanda81m

I’m having several issues with vinylmaster cut. I’m new at the vinyl thing and all I want to do is make numbers for my sons race car. I can’t get SVG to load and I also can not for the life of me get my numbers to slant. Please help!

2 minutes ago, Guest Amanda81m said:

I’m having several issues with vinylmaster cut. I’m new at the vinyl thing and all I want to do is make numbers for my sons race car. I can’t get SVG to load and I also can not for the life of me get my numbers to slant. Please help!

I would start a new thread but first you have to IMPORT a svg - and if the numbers are not a font but a traced file you cannot use the text feature to add the slant - first find the actual font and install it on your computer

If you create an account on the forum you will also get notifications when someone responds

VM 4.0 has an issue with SVG files, they don't always import correctly. It's best to export files from your design software as eps then import that to VM. The VM people are aware of the SVG issue and have been looking into it. 

• Like 1

Hi Guest, welcome.

You can just TYPE in the numerals and then tilt\slant 'em.

I think you should also slant the numbers in opposite ways for the two car doors, so both sides tilt towards the rear.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, Runek said:

did not work. but gave me an idea. i added nodes in inkscape before i exported it to vinylmaster. that did the trick. vinylmaster is very sensitive to little nodes obviously

Thank you for updating your post, and letting us know how you resolved your issue. There will be a good chance that someone will need this information in the future.

On a slight tangent, did you try to save your file as an .eps out of inkscape? I'm curious to know if VM would have done the same thing. I'm guessing it might have, since you seem to have isolated it to bend a node issue. (just can't help being curious though :D)

• Like 1

I've had the same sort of issue and when I export as eps from Inkscape VM imports it just fine.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.