Scratchthejeepguy

Where to store your extra blades, or knives?

So I just got my first vinyl cutter, an SC2 and so far it works perfectly, but I'm wishing there was somewhere to easily store the extra blades.  I know on the Cricut or Cameo or some of the small cutters I've seen a little opening in the bed to put extra blades in.  I'm thinking about screwing a little storage box or something to the cross brace of the stand of my SC2 to store my extra blades, an exacto knife, scissors, pick, etc... anyone else do anything like this and have a pic to share with what you put in it?  My desk with cutting mat isn't right by the cutter so I'd like to have an exacto knife at the very least, right with the cutter.

Any input?

u will c on here a lot of people have added stuff to their cutter or stand. I'm adding some angle iron to the bottom of mine where the rollers are to make a shelf to hold an Epson 7610. look up @Primal Decals old post for the leds he added, a lot of us have done that 1 now

• Like 1

On my desk that i built for all my Vinyl needs I have a small 3 drawer thing that sits on the desk the top drawer holds my Zacto knives and my squeegees and the 2nd drawer has my pen for the SC2 and my Scissors in it.

My vinyl is on the PVC stand I built on the right of the table and the Transfer tape is on the end of the table also, mounted it with PVC and works great just grab the end and pull it however long i need.  this set up has worked well for me since Valentines day.. I also have LED light stripe i put under my cutter cause its just to dark hard to see where to cut the vinyl when its on the roll i don't have a picture. not sure how Primal did his I'm into Radio control and use LEDS on my planes to fly at night. so just used a stripe that would go the whole width of the machine and i power it with one of my 3 cell lipos for one of my airplanes. My cutter is on the other wall on other side of the room so having any tools hooked to it wouldn't work for me but all depends on how you have your stuff set up.

20180520_101214.jpg

20180520_101224.jpg

• Like 2

@eprcvinyls  as u go along u will have tools for this all over , I'm not sure how many of everything I have now. I had to move my cutter up ft in the retail area of our shop since I'm there alone 80% of the time. I have a vinyl room with my different tables in back. so have all types of tools for vinyl work back there.  with having the cutter up ft I have converted 1 of our display cabinets into a lighted table , plus have a self healing mat on it to be able to do everything right there beside the cutter. lg decals still have to b done in the back. that's also where my heat presses are at. But I also have a sm. tilting table beside the couch at home to be able to bring stuff home to weed and tape. as soon as I have time I will be setting up my new comp and the Graphtec I bought off a friend at the shop and bringing my 54" sc home to the spare bedroom, then setup a complete work area there.  Vinyl maybe a bigger addiction than drugs. not sure, Ive always been 1 to only waste $ on things I could make $ from

3 hours ago, cardudenc said:

@eprcvinyls  as u go along u will have tools for this all over , I'm not sure how many of everything I have now. I had to move my cutter up ft in the retail area of our shop since I'm there alone 80% of the time. I have a vinyl room with my different tables in back. so have all types of tools for vinyl work back there.  with having the cutter up ft I have converted 1 of our display cabinets into a lighted table , plus have a self healing mat on it to be able to do everything right there beside the cutter. lg decals still have to b done in the back. that's also where my heat presses are at. But I also have a sm. tilting table beside the couch at home to be able to bring stuff home to weed and tape. as soon as I have time I will be setting up my new comp and the Graphtec I bought off a friend at the shop and bringing my 54" sc home to the spare bedroom, then setup a complete work area there.  Vinyl maybe a bigger addiction than drugs. not sure, Ive always been 1 to only waste $ on things I could make $ from

hey man, Ive not noticed much of you around lately hope all is well. Well since i really just have the one room in the house that is mine. everything is crammed into it right now. if i can ever get me a enclosed trailer most of my RC hobby gear will go out in it then i will have some extra space. Ive stopped buying sticky vinyl cause trying to push t shirts but ive held back buying lot of t shirts cause don't know what size people would need myself and my woman wear XL my mom wear Sm or med. my dad is Med. so far not made any for my parents i could make some for them.

Well I found a spot for all my stuff.  I can store my extra blades, squeegee, Exacto knife, pick, and tape measure in the bin I screwed to the cross member and upright.  Then I drilled some holes in the cross member to hold up to four carriage holders, a pen holder, and a scissors.  I also mounted a tape dispenser on the other side just in case.

3.jpg.96695f1ce9a6a67d8ffdd95cf479d74e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

hey man, Ive not noticed much of you around lately hope all is well. Well since i really just have the one room in the house that is mine. everything is crammed into it right now. if i can ever get me a enclosed trailer most of my RC hobby gear will go out in it then i will have some extra space. Ive stopped buying sticky vinyl cause trying to push t shirts but ive held back buying lot of t shirts cause don't know what size people would need myself and my woman wear XL my mom wear Sm or med. my dad is Med. so far not made any for my parents i could make some for them.

@Scratchthejeepguy awesome idea. I think its awesome for a newbie to come up with some cool ideas like this. I too r a "newbie" don't rem if ive had anything to add or not yet. I rem what a big deal it was to me when I had the answers for the guy that has took me under his wing and taught me a lot, plus spent a lot of time off the forum working with me teaching me this biz. again that's what I feel like a forum is for. and again sorry if I derailed your post

yea man, been lying low I guess. .  Ive had a few issues here, most with the actual company , 2 were warranty/service issues, a couple with ordering/shipment. then just a few on here. I tried to get a resolution with the co. but no luck. the issues on here ive  debated about posting something up.  but I'm not 1 to stir a huge forum mess where u get all types of keyboard warriors , and opinions fired up n to a huge mess.  but it has caused me to lose interest. the bad is I feel this is the best forum for what we do, especially the best for others helping out others whatever way they can. def a lot of knowledge on here. Ive looked up and joined prob most of the vinyl and t shirt forums out there on the web.

• Like 2