Sign in to follow this  

Hi. i have a problem with vinylmaster where the vectorize function only vectorize all other colors than white. i have activated bacround color or white color in the name but when it is vectorized the white color are gone and the name is transparent where the white should be. if i cant vectorize white colors how do i add white colors where there is no color`?

Thanks

Rune from norway

QUOTE > "if i cant vectorize white colors how do i add white colors where there is no color`?" 

Take your image into Pixel/Raster based Software such as Photoshop or Gimp and Color the

area you are having trouble with to a different Color than the Background. (Inside the white 'Text', in your Example).

Re-Vector the adjusted image.

You might also consider the potential financial obligations that may come from copyright and trademark infringement. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

You might also consider the potential financial obligations that may come from copyright and trademark infringement. 

Hi. and thanks for all answers. i will try to edit them before i vectorize them.

About trademark logos. i have the same issue. one person i now want this logo on his rc model airplane that is ment to tow sailplanes up in the air. this is done locally in model fly sites in norway that are small public events if there is some att all. so is this a problem then? understand that if it is on a racecar it is ment for all to see them but in this is a bit diffrense maby?

3 hours ago, Runek said:

Hi. and thanks for all answers. i will try to edit them before i vectorize them.

About trademark logos. i have the same issue. one person i now want this logo on his rc model airplane that is ment to tow sailplanes up in the air. this is done locally in model fly sites in norway that are small public events if there is some att all. so is this a problem then? understand that if it is on a racecar it is ment for all to see them but in this is a bit diffrense maby?

Pretty cool, I fly radio control planes, helicopters multirotors and race rc trucks and buggys.. ive been doing lots of logos for the car stuff but Im doing it for myself the way  understand it is you can make it for yourself or even a friend as long as your not charging them for it. a guy in my old flying club he had Monster on his plane but he made it hisself.

Also to talk about your first question you do know on the bottom of the screen on left side  when you in the vetorize screen you can add 3,4,5, so on colors that it will pick out then down at the bottom in the middle it shows the colors it has a X across if you can click it on or off depending what you need and it will show on the screen

42 minutes ago, eprcvinyls said:

Pretty cool, I fly radio control planes, helicopters multirotors and race rc trucks and buggys.. ive been doing lots of logos for the car stuff but Im doing it for myself the way  understand it is you can make it for yourself or even a friend as long as your not charging them for it. a guy in my old flying club he had Monster on his plane but he made it hisself.

Also to talk about your first question you do know on the bottom of the screen on left side  when you in the vetorize screen you can add 3,4,5, so on colors that it will pick out then down at the bottom in the middle it shows the colors it has a X across if you can click it on or off depending what you need and it will show on the screen

Okay. i assume thats no problem then. as this is for a frend locally.  i have tried what you are saying but even if i activate white color with or without backround it wont vectorice it. so if I remove the red cross on white and use 3 colors totally it only vectorize 2 colors. becouse its white color for some reson. it may be a fault in the software that it cant trace white colors. i dont now. thanks for answer. i fly alot of rc planes myself been doing so for 18 years now :)

3 hours ago, Runek said:

Okay. i assume thats no problem then. as this is for a frend locally.  i have tried what you are saying but even if i activate white color with or without backround it wont vectorice it. so if I remove the red cross on white and use 3 colors totally it only vectorize 2 colors. becouse its white color for some reson. it may be a fault in the software that it cant trace white colors. i dont now. thanks for answer. i fly alot of rc planes myself been doing so for 18 years now :)

Oh awesome, yeah I been flying for about 28 years now. RC trucks longer then that almost all my life.

Sometimes if i have issues like that I would use Paint or whatever program you like and bring it into it and just crop it one different part at a time then vectorize it all separated then Peace it back together its a little more work but should be doable not sure how big he wants it but even if you had to cut each one separate then just piece it back together on the plane shouldn't be to hard. I put some Words and my AMA Number on my new Clipped wing cub.

20180224_175734.jpg

I would be very careful with regards to the trademark. Copyright and Trademark are two separate things. I agree that if you have the ability to create something for your own use you can do that but as soon as you start giving it away you are crossing a line. Don't know if that violates a copyright protection but in Trademark law that is called diluting the market. If your friend has some sort of affiliation with Monster or a sponsorship type thing then they can get approval to use the log. Maybe even get official decals. Otherwise you are putting yourself at risk of some blowback. I realize this is RC craft and probably emulating a full sized plane or something but from a marketing standpoint Monster has a lot of money tied up in the actual plane and would have claim on all sorts of side action such as matchbox cars and production RC planes. Not saying anyone actually makes an actual kit but they MAY.  I think I would get something indemnifying you at the very least, like a signed realize form that the end user is authorized to commission the work. It may not save you from losing your house but.... 

• Like 1

Guess I need to look up trademark and Copyright to see the difference. still trying to figure out what I can and cant do for sure.

17 minutes ago, eprcvinyls said:

Guess I need to look up trademark and Copyright to see the difference. still trying to figure out what I can and cant do for sure.

Don't do either, and you don't have to worry about it.  Create your own stuff, or buy designs that you have a license to use.  If you see all those logo cds and stuff on Ebay.  You can't use them without the "real" owners permission.  Think about it, if you did not create it, it is not yours to use, without permission. If you already see it out there. It's not yours to use. 

• Like 1

Firstly this is not a plane that is a scale of a full size  plane is a stick alike. just ment for towing big rc sailplanes to about 40 kg in weight. its more workhorse than anything else. therefore this brand would fit perfectly. it is a shame that free advertisement is so wrong. there are lots of brands that has free use of logos around the world without any problem. but anyway. if you dont now. Looks like the best solution here is to ask those industries out there that has these brand logos if its okay to use on an rc plane for example.. i will definitly reconsider all my actions regarding logos. 

Thanks for all answers :) very helpfule

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Don't do either, and you don't have to worry about it.  Create your own stuff, or buy designs that you have a license to use.  If you see all those logo cds and stuff on Ebay.  You can't use them without the "real" owners permission.  Think about it, if you did not create it, it is not yours to use, without permission. If you already see it out there. It's not yours to use. 

Okay, that is fine but how about when you want to Support the teams or brands you run? Like i race Radio control buggies and i want to put the brand name of the buddy, the wheels, the tires on my Tool box and or my buggy to show support for them and or to show others the brands i'm using.. I mean lot of places give you a few decals when you order a part from them but i also enjoy making custom ones bigger then they give out for my tool boxes and such. There are groups like this one and I have their names of the groups on my other Air flying boxes and stuff.  I would never sell any of the stuff i make tho.

I wonder how the guys at the flea market and stuff gets away with it, I see people selling Atlanta braves Baseball shirts and Ga bulldawg t shirts and stuff sometimes they do look slightly a lil different from a original but you have to look close to see that.

All I'm pointing out is you may end up in litigation. Not my problem if you continue to do it as long as you don't upload copyright protected work onto the forum. Just know that Monster, Disney, Harley and many of the other big names in the world pay many thousands of dollars a year to employ people who actively search out violators and then they prosecute them. Not saying you will get caught but I wouldn't recommend taking chances. I wholeheartedly suggest contacting Monster and ask them if you can run their logo. They may say you're good. I have built logo's for people who were sponsored by various companies. They almost without exception have came with instructions on size, placement and required free space around them from other logo's, color options etc... Very specific use rules.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eprcvinyls said:

Okay, that is fine but how about when you want to Support the teams or brands you run? Like i race Radio control buggies and i want to put the brand name of the buddy, the wheels, the tires on my Tool box and or my buggy to show support for them and or to show others the brands i'm using.. I mean lot of places give you a few decals when you order a part from them but i also enjoy making custom ones bigger then they give out for my tool boxes and such. There are groups like this one and I have their names of the groups on my other Air flying boxes and stuff.  I would never sell any of the stuff i make tho.

I wonder how the guys at the flea market and stuff gets away with it, I see people selling Atlanta braves Baseball shirts and Ga bulldawg t shirts and stuff sometimes they do look slightly a lil different from a original but you have to look close to see that.

Most companies in the RC business will allow you to use their logos. I have gotten permission from various companies to copy and use many various logos. All it takes is an Email to them to ask if you can use them. I print out their reply and save it in my file folders as proof that they gave me permission. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

You have to ask permission.  You cannot recreate any ones design without permission  PERIOD.  Actually Homeland Security, has showed up at many flea markets, convenience stores,  tables at sports games etc.  It is considered counterfeiting now.  Go look online.  These companies are fed up with the theft of their logos.  People making money off their name.  They will search online sites, They have lawyers on the payroll, that is all they do. It's against the law to speed also, but people do and they get caught, given enough time. Go do searches online,  You will see busts and a lot of them.  A few on here got caught at flea markets.  And they will tell you it's not worth it!!!

• Like 3

A local lady here just got nailed by Disney. She was one that went to JoAnns, got a Cricut, and started making all kinds of stuff including T-shirts.  It kinda irked me cause I was doing everything legal, including talking with Disney, Marvel, and a few others( some were out of my price blood, 200k to start plus a few other stipulations!!!!) but she was making all kinds. then I hear that she was busted and they are suing her for $70,000 for one decal plus she might be having a record now(not 100% how true that second part is) for a Groot decal she was selling on Facebook.  When they came they found all the others stuff online that she was selling and they are all coming after her now and might be (pretty sure they will) upping that lawsuit amount.  Sad to hear but then again it will help cause the news has spread. Some are still doing it but I am sure they are going to be contacted too.  

I did get a deal for licensing one logo/character but it has taken weeks of back and forth plus paperwork out the yang. Would i do it again, NO. Too much of a headache for me and I would just refrain for doing any of the others. 

On 5/21/2018 at 5:28 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

You have to ask permission.  You cannot recreate any ones design without permission  PERIOD.  Actually Homeland Security, has showed up at many flea markets, convenience stores,  tables at sports games etc.  It is considered counterfeiting now.  Go look online.  These companies are fed up with the theft of their logos.  People making money off their name.  They will search online sites, They have lawyers on the payroll, that is all they do. It's against the law to speed also, but people do and they get caught, given enough time. Go do searches online,  You will see busts and a lot of them.  A few on here got caught at flea markets.  And they will tell you it's not worth it!!!

If Homeland security wants to bust people for stuff like that, they ought to hit up all the Comic Cons! Infringement galore!! There are even the original creators of characters like the TMNT, Deadpool, etc. at those conventions where everyone is selling everything - decals, coasters, sketches, shot glasses, etc. Maybe some of these companies should be like Sanrio - license the crap out of Hello Kitty, because she's got her own champagne! who would have thought Hello Kitty has her own booze? :P

Problem is, there is just too many infringers.  Just like Ebay, get a couple down a day, a 100 more go up.  The owners have to report them to Ebay. I got hit on one before. I had not even heard of it, I didn't know it was a brand..  I read when Ebay pulls the ads now for copyrights,trademarks they are charging the sellers for the ads. They didn't use to,  you can also get suspended, if you continue, or more complaints. 

I wrote to harley because I have a parody of their logo (Hardly Davidson) that I was going to market and wanted to see what they would say before I got it out on the net and got myself in trouble. In a nutshell they told me they have invested millions of dollars to build up their name and they would not allow me or anyone to benefit from their fame and expense. I talked to a lawyer about it who told me I would be protected by the fair use act BUT protected means that WHEN IT WENT TO COURT I could claim fair use because it was a parody. The WHEN IT WNET TO COURT part was the problem. Harley has a lot of money and actively protects their brand and it would probably end up in court to see who had the best lawyer and the most money to spend. I decided it wasn't worth it for a $2 decal so I just put one on my rat bike and called it a day. Lots of people commented on the decal when looking at my bike and I think it was a funny decal but not worth getting sued over. I do have to admit that their argument is strong. The whole thing would bot be funny if they hadn't made a name for themselves already. I was poking fu at my own bike that it was not a harley but still capitalizing on their fame. If I was super rich maybe I would go fight them in court just to be the first to actually win but I'm not rich and I like my house. :lol:

Hardly-Davidson.jpg

Harley not only owns the logo but also aggressively goes after those using the shield  as it is a recognized as being part of their logo

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this