Sign in to follow this  
hhsg

Color Match

Hi everyone.  I have a customer that has a 2001 ford pickup.  The colors are white and the bottom half is a Arizona Beige.  I have search to find a chart that would give me the closes pantone color to match the Arizona Beige. Not having any real luck.  Hope someone out there has or know a good website that can help me.

Thanks

Matt

The only site I found that gives color code conversion info for Ford Arizona Beige is here.  Hope this helps you get close.

• Like 2

That's a hard color to match. I do a lot of pinstriping and that's a perfect match for a 3M pinstripe 085 Light Gold Metallic but 3M doesn't make vinyl rolls in that color anymore. I've looked at pretty much every vinyl manufacturer for vinyl to match that stripe and the best I've found is Avery Supercast 900 Metallic 217 Light Gold and Sharpline 044 Light Gold Metallic. The Avery looks perfect but if you put it on top of the Arizona Beige, it has a slightly different shine to it. It should be fine if you're putting it on the white part of the truck. I think Sharpline may be a better match but I've never used it, I just have it on my own color match list as a backup.

• Like 3

If your customers are going to be that picky then you should really invest in color guides from each manufacture.   It's the only way to truly get as close of a match as possible.  

• Like 2

On 5/18/2018 at 12:30 PM, hhsg said:

Hi everyone.  I have a customer that has a 2001 ford pickup.  The colors are white and the bottom half is a Arizona Beige.  I have search to find a chart that would give me the closes pantone color to match the Arizona Beige. Not having any real luck.  Hope someone out there has or know a good website that can help me.

Thanks

Matt

Matt, Are you talking printed work or cut? Absolutely agree with all the previous comments for cut vinyl. I keep up to date vinyl color guides to use when matching colors. I usually make the customer pick which one they think is the best choice. Often you fall in between two colors. 

For printed work I image that can be a whole can of worms in it's own right. (I don't own a printer) Maybe print several test strips of what you think will be close and see which one you like. If you do that be sure and print the CMYK values on each strip so you don't get confused which is which. 

Sorry wildgoose I have not been on for awhile.  I did do what you suggest on the color strips and came up with one that was pretty darn close.  Sent it to the body shop that was working on the truck and the customer love it.   Also thanks everyone for the help.  Thanks Matt

• Like 1