Scratchthejeepguy

Should I buy from US Cutter?

I REALLY  want to get a vinyl cutter, and I like what I see when it comes to the SC2.  It's in my price range and seems to be a nice unit.  But I was warned to check out US Cutters BBB page and they have an F rating with like 18 negative comments and zero positive comments.

I know of a few people from other forums that have bought from USC and they seem to have had no problems, but wondering what you all think of their service?

It might be the wrong place to post this though, since this IS a USCUTTER forum.... who knows...

I have been using them for over 10 years - any business that sells thousands of plotters will have a few unhappy campers and they are usually the ones to post more.   other companies have tried to run forums to allow users to help each other out all hours of the night and weekends when support isn't around.  to my knowledge no other ones are anywhere near this big and most have closed the forums so no after hours support.   read all the post from the thousands of users on here and make your own decision - for me I have bought a few plotters from uscutter over the years as I upgraded

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply.  I know that bad news spreads faster than good news so maybe that's it.  Like I said, i know of a few people with USC cutters and they seem to be happy with them.  I think I'm going to place my order in the morning.  My cart is ready on their site.  I'm pretty excited!

• Like 1

I can't speak for anyone else, but my experience with USC has been nothing but positive. I bought my first cutter from USC via eBay. I would have not hesitated to buy my second cutter from them, had I not been able to find a local company near me that could give me a huge price break on the shipping.

I've only needed to speak with their support team once or twice, and both times they were very responsive, and even accommodated the fact that I'm basically in a time zone all on my own, and made a point to schedule a call back with me.

Luckily for me, my cutter has been virtually flawless and has performed well for me for close to 12 years.

Buy the best cutter that you budget will allow and I think you will be a happy camper - with the machine, with support, and the unofficial support of the forum.

• Like 2

Only problem I've ever had was some vinyl never showed up. When I contacted support they sent out the order that day and gave me a discount on the order. Very pleased with them and this forum is great. Support from community members as well as official support can't be beat.

• Like 1

Same experience here. Very rarely and issue and when something goes awry they take care of it. The forum here is incredible. I was as green as you can get and the crew here so helpful that I have stuck around ever since to sort of pay it forward. (and just a fun bunch to interact with)

• Like 1

Ive never had to deal with issues thank goodness, i got my Cutter from their Ebay store cause same cutter with free shipping. Ive ordered Vinyl from there website tho w.o issues.

I love my SC2 cutter have had it since Valentines day this year

• Like 1

I'm late to the show as usual, haven't been on here a lot the last few months. I'm n a bit of a disagreement of something that went dn on the forum a few months back and so guess I  have lost interest. but b4 this ive had a few issues with tech support and orders, I guess nothing to major, just a pita. my best advice is ... if someone tells you they will find out something fo ryou and get back in touch, don't wait on them, stay on top of things , or more than likely it will dropped off to the wayside, then its usually too late

• Like 1

Just always remember that the forum is just a bunch of users trying to help out. With the exception of a few actual tech helps that are on occasionally (most common is the Vinyl Master guys). The rest of us are just regular end users like you guys perhaps with a little more experience in some areas but not always. Even us Mod's are voluntary and try to help out in our spare time with varying success. 

• Like 2

I have bought 2 cutters from US CUTTER and often buy some materials. Although I'm a "one man show" they have gone above and beyond with issues, though few, on my cutters. The biggest or only complaint is being on terminal hold when trying to  resolve a problem. I guess my lack of patience doesn't help either. BUT, yes I would and have recommended them many times. Just my $.02 worth.

Well, so far I'm happy with my purchase, but I haven't had to call for any issues yet.  I will say my order arrived very quickly, and I had it up and running much quicker and easier than I thought it would be.

My only issue is that the roller guides leave marks on the vinyl, but I assume that's with most machines.

i guess only time will tell, but I'm happy so far. (Knock on wood...)