Reading some conflicting advice, so I wanted to ask those of you that have been using the TITAN3 for some time. On the blade pack, it says the following:

30* - HTV
45* - General cutting
60* - Thick materials

I have heard from others they have great results using the 60* blade with very detailed, smaller designs, and the 30* for large cuts. Which is correct? I honestly am getting a lot of great results with the 30* blade for both HTV and 651. The blade does get some small pieces of vinyl jammed in it from time to time, but otherwise, it's been perfect. 

Also, Aftermarket blade holders? I am looking to have 3 holders to hold all 3 blades. That way I can set the blade and just change the holder with the new angle blade and not have to play with the depth as much when I need to change them. Thoughts? I bought a pair of cheap ones on amazon, but they don't lock the blade height only the holder height. http://a.co/aMa6PhY They fit ok, but I haven't cut with one yet. 

Thanks!
Scott

for years all I have used in all my cutters have only had 60 degree clean cut brand blades in them

• Thanks 1

Essentially a 60 will work for everything, only "danger" is that the tip is smaller so it's easier to break it, but so long as you have the depth and pressure set correctly that shouldn't happen.

• Like 2

Once I 'saw the light' about using a 60 Clean Cut blade, I've never gone back. I've used the 60 to (double) cut reflective, and reflective on vinyl (for easier removal).

Good thing I just stocked up on 30 blades...10 of each HAHAHA...whoops! Thanks once again! You guys/gals are a great resource and so helpful! Sorry I'm such a pain! 

Never a pain, and it's much better to have extra blades, than not enough.

That being said, even though you might have stocked up on a bunch of blades - it is worth looking at Clean Cut blades if you did buy those. Not all blades are made equal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShaneGreen said:

Recently there was a thread where we discussed the merits of different blades.  I cut the same image with a standard 45 and then with a Clean Cut 60...HUGE difference.  I'll never go back.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/54960-small-lettering/&

Thanks I'll have to check it out. All mine just showed up...30 blades from china. I figure they lest me like 3 months tops. LOL!

On 5/14/2018 at 4:51 AM, StayHungryFL said:

Reading some conflicting advice, so I wanted to ask those of you that have been using the TITAN3 for some time. On the blade pack, it says the following:

30* - HTV
45* - General cutting
60* - Thick materials

I have heard from others they have great results using the 60* blade with very detailed, smaller designs, and the 30* for large cuts. Which is correct? I honestly am getting a lot of great results with the 30* blade for both HTV and 651. The blade does get some small pieces of vinyl jammed in it from time to time, but otherwise, it's been perfect. 

Also, Aftermarket blade holders? I am looking to have 3 holders to hold all 3 blades. That way I can set the blade and just change the holder with the new angle blade and not have to play with the depth as much when I need to change them. Thoughts? I bought a pair of cheap ones on amazon, but they don't lock the blade height only the holder height. http://a.co/aMa6PhY They fit ok, but I haven't cut with one yet. 

Thanks!
Scott

Here is a little info for you from Roland. 

The general idea from the manufacturer is that the 60deg is specifically designed to give you a taller cutting profile for thicker material. That may be the thought process with them but most have found that the sharper angle seems to cut a little cleaner on detailed work. I have not seen this to make a difference, at least with high end blades. I run a Summa which uses a 36deg standard blade and have cut as small with the standard as with any other blade so who really knows. Summa's version of a thick material blade is at 55 deg and a 60 also but they are on a much thicker round stock using a completely different blade holder. The reason they do this is it give substantially more cutting area for thickness being BOTH steeper as well as thicker but the blade offset jumps from around .35 mm to .90mm and there was no noticeable advantage to the fine detailed cutting. I also tried out several CC Blades to see how they compared and offer a 45deg and a 60 deg that are both for the standard blade holder for my machine. I count tell a difference other than the tip is, as mentioned, a bit more fragile on a 60. CC blades compared to Summa blades are equal and I suspect the same is likely true for Graphtec and other high end cutters. Summa stock blades are actually cheaper and last a little longer probably due to the 36deg angle that may produce a little tougher tip. 

A CC blade compared to a cheap blade is like a new machine and if it was not mentioned earlier TURN YOUR PRESSURE DOWN BY ABOUT 1/2 or you may break your new tip by cutting so far  through your vinyl and into the cutting strip. My very first CC blade was on my old P-Cut and yes it really does make a massive difference. 

These are all just my observations and thought I'd share them. Your mileage may vary. 

ra_cutter blade knowledge.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have an original LP,  and was initially using the 45 that shipped with it. Intricate stuff was a little tough to do, but after switching it out to a 60 Clean Cut (about a year or two in), it made a huge difference. It definitely cleaned it up a bit, and then all that I was left was with the limitations of my machine. I still have that original Clean Cut blade in my LP, and it's still doing a job great!

I've recently added a Graphtec to the lineup and immediately put in a 60 Clean Cut blade from the get go. Why bother going stock, when I know that I will be changing it out to Clean Cut anyway. I ordered the blades immediately after ordering my machine, and got them a whole lot faster than the machine too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The text on my logo for t-shirts is 7mm. I took the advice offered here and used one of the cheap 60* blades I bought on Amazon. That, coupled with the fact my 30* blade was starting to get dull after about 100yds of vinyl cut...made for an AMAZING cut! I had the hardest time finding the lines to weed without my loupes. Everything pulled out perfectly and the little 7mm letters were perfect. I can't imagine a clean-cut blade! Thank you all again for your experience and continued great advice. I am now over 100 shirts, and 50+ transfer decals in (including back window marketing), and I feel like I am really starting to find my groove the business, and I am starting to learn the quirks of this Titan3 and SCAL4. I've grown to like it now...(Even though I do the difficult stuff in AI). 

• Like 3