pete8314

Cutting all the way through between jobs (CE6000)

This is likely a daft question as I can't find any reference to this feature. 

Each job I'm cutting is on 12" wide rolls of 3M 1080, each is about 26" long, and I'm cutting a lot of the same job. My current process is to set an auto-advance after the job (50mm, in this case), slice the vinyl with a knife, then move the vinyl back, set the origin, and do the next cut. The entire process requires me to be stood there most the time, which isn't very efficient.

Ideally I'd like each job to complete, then get automatically cut off, and then the next job starts. I see there's Catch Baskets, and assumed that's exactly what they're for, but I don't see any setting to cut entirely through the vinyl at the end of each cut.

Advice welcome!

If you want that feature, you will have to step up to a FC model..  It has the groove and cross cutter to do that. 

You do not state where you live, but Graphtec Europe cutters do have that feature for the CE6000, but you would have to change the blade holder to the front position in the carriage head. 

The catch basket is to keep vinyl off the floor.  I run very long decals, sometimes 16 feet long.  the basket works great...  I have the FC  I ran 10 different jobs right from my computer, and never left my chair.  Use the Graphtec Cutting Contoller.  Can be downloaded from the Graphtec site.