Sign in to follow this  
Turtlemechanic

need help on tranverse wave graphic please

Waves-black-and-white-simple-wave-clipar

Wife bought 2 colors and wants me to make graphics for the pontoon boat, I don't have a program or don't know how to use cutsalot

I need a file like above that is 5 inches tall with 1-1/4 inch dips on a 4 inch spacing with a flat bottom, say 8 feet long (I good then make any length I need from it)

So she will have 2 color "waves" down the sides

I can then cut them out

Can someone help or lead me to a tutorial for sir cuts alot to make what I need?

TIA

What type of vinyl did she buy?   Plenty of tutorials on Craftedge.com and youtube. com..for SCALP.  Most people on here stay away from SCALP.  (Sure Cuts A Lot)

it is oracol 651, and the software came with 24 inch cutter I bought from here several years ago

I will check for videos, I dint think of youtube, thank you

Not sure Oracal 651 will work,   Most water type vehicles would need Oracal 751 cast or higher.   But good luck with your project. 

I did this in CorelDraw, but in Inkscape it would be about the same.  Just made a 8' line.  Added nodes to it.  Made the line segments curves.   Drew a 8' wide 5" tall rectangle to snap to.  On the first line selected alternating nodes and dragged them up to the rectangle to be 5" tall.  Used this as a guide:  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6npbt6qduxxfhaw/twave.svg?dl=0

The file has my line, the rectangle and a couple versions with a stroke and the stroke converted to path.  Some of it is hard to see in a browser as its 8'x8'.  I am not sure if this method would work in SCAL, but if it has basic lines and nodes it should.

Will your cutter track eight feet?

Worked great once i got the wave shape,

I did 4 ft pcs, so they could be lined up better, wife was worried after 1st color, it was too formal and not random

Then when i did the grey, it varies just in ht and placement enough to look 3d-ish

again thankyou!

2018-05-12 13.03.55.jpg

• Like 1