Sign in to follow this  
StayHungryFL

Titan3 Table Material size

I'm seeing conflicting info on the Titan3 Table. Been cutting with a Cricut Explore Air2 and I feel I've outgrown it. It's not meant to "work". I am doing a lot of HTV cutting for shirts, and smaller lettering for water bottles and such. The Cricut just can't do nice clean details. It never seems to really "finish" the cut and makes for a nightmare weeding. I am branching out to Oracal 651Car lettering (back window graphics and side lettering. Problem is, the Cricut only cuts 11.5" wide x 23.5". I'm seeing the Titan3 loads 17" and cuts 15" wide, and will cut a max length of 300" which is more than I would need. Can anyone confirm I'm on the right machine? I know this little "craft cutter" is NOT the right one, but it was a good start. I've done 4 cars already, and 60+ shirts. Thanks for any advice! 

As soon as you get a 15" cutter you will feel like you have outgrown it also. Your too limited on size.  A 24" is a standard size.  And personally I would never want a cutter that does not have a stand.  You state your already doing cars and shirts.  Buy once and be done with it.  If you can afford it buy the larger cutter.  If not then the 15" should be fine for you. Yes, it says accepts 17" vinyl which I have never seen sold, plenty of 15" vinyl out there.  You never know what a customer may ask for in the future.. I have a 30" cutter and never regretted getting that size. 

Get the best cutter you can within your budget. I know that a 24"/28" seems big, but I don't think you would regret getting one bigger than 15"/17". I'd also recommend getting a stand for it too,

So if $800 is my budget, I'd be getting a 28" Titan.

Thanks guys, this isn’t a “job” for me...just a side hustle. Totally understand what you’re saying though, if I were making this a real business, I’d certainly go big!  I’m also very limited on room...so, I think the 15 will work out fine. I don’t mind turning down a bigger job. I just need to make sure it cuts at 15”...I’ve read a few forums that say it only cuts 12”...? I didn’t go with a cheaper & Bigger “titan” because MOST of what I do is small details, and it seems the titan 3 cuts much cleaner. I read a whole thread on 3mm lettering and how clean it cut. THANKS again! 

Anyone know the smallest scraps we can load into the Titan3? Like if I have a 4” square of scrap and need a 3” logo, can I use it to cut like I can on the Cricut?

I don't know the distance between the pinch rollers, but you can use a carrier mat to put small scraps on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I don't know the distance between the pinch rollers, but you can use a carrier mat to put small scraps on.  

Perfect...thanks so much. I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I'm tired of the Cricut not cutting nice clean lines! 

Did both mine & my wife's cars, and lots of other people on my team asking for similar stuff...sorry for the shameless plug, but it's vinyl work. LOL. 

Screenshot 2018-05-08 09.39.40.png

Screenshot 2018-05-08 09.39.23.png

That's a good amount of vinyl that you've cut!

I'm sure in no time, it will pay for itself, and then you'll you be considering a Graphtec :D

• Haha 1