So I have the T28, as I am going to call it, and I have been finding out that even with a CCB it does not cut well for small letters. I am talking about maybe 1/8" or less. Some will cut fine but other letters will peel up or not cut well like the blade is shot. I have been cutting HTV and 651 and not too much 651. I cut glitter maybe 3x.  This is on 651 as HTV I cut larger anyway.

I have dialed back the speed from 37 to 22 and the force is 150-142

Am I asking too much for a vinyl cutter to cut that small that is stepper driven?  1/4" does just fine

you are reaching the limit of almost all cutters at 1/8" - there just isn't enough adhesive left trying to grip the slippery paper it is mounted on.  for 1/8" everything has to be perfect - you might try cleaning your place and end of the holder with some alcohol to see if that helps but you are reaching the limits of cut vinyl that small

• Like 2

I absolutely agree with Dakota. I have a $3500 cutter and trying to do 1/8" let is not fun even on that. If it's a one off job it's certainly something that CAN be done but if it's any sort of volume it's a total waste of time. Advanced weeding skills can help get you to the end zone. I weed two handed with one hand holding a pointed tweezer and I hold down the letters as the other hand pulls off the weed. Another trick is to leave most of it unweeded and weed it in place after the install. 

• Like 1

1/4" = not a happy weeder, 1/8" = not going to bother at all. I won't even cut stuff that tiny for myself, much less for someone else :P

That being said - the more precise the cuts, the easier to weed - provided you don't go blind in the process. :blink:

• Like 2

That is what I was figuring. even at 1/4 it is a pain to weed and I have to use both hands to weed with tools in both. I guess if I ever get something like this again then printing is the only way to go if I do it at all.  

I would never do anything that small.  you will learn.  Getting something like that to stay stuck on something is going to be a challenge after you get them weeded..Plus having enough adhesive on it, to get them off the transfer tape, without coming up with the transfer tape. .

Using weed lines in the cutting software helps also. 

Good luck.. 

Good luck, I found that i don't want to cut any thing less then 1 inch wide or tall.. its just to small. pain in the rear.