Sign in to follow this  
elskeetro

ce6000-60 - Blade Holder Drags/skids

Hi All, 

I am having an issue where my blade holder is dragging/skidding along the surface of the HTV. You can hear a "friction" sound when it happens (kinda like tires on asphalt)
It mainly happens on long, straight cuts...left to right. The resulting cut is perforated and not clean.

I set my blade depth based on Ms. Skeeterz instructions...just enough to cut the material, lightly score the carrier, and weed clean (aside from this skidding). I'm using the recommended force for the material. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick

There is no set in stone, settings for vinyl. (Recommended)  Each different vinyl has to be tested per my instructions.  Write your settings down, after you check them and get them correct. Then you will have your settings for "your" machine. Each machine will vary as to how you set the blade.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.  Another way to check  per Graphtec.  Have the blade all the way turned in. Get down eye level , push the blade holder down to the vinyl. Turn the blade, until you just see  daylight, between the vinyl and bottom of blade holder. No way the blade holder could drag.   Also I thought those cutters have a way to set the blade, automatically. 

few things I would check.  make sure inside blade holder is clean and free of bits of vinyl then add a drop of light oil.  check the blade tip to make sure it isn't broken off, try new blade.   last one I have had the cap on the bottom of the blade holder come loose allowing the blade to drop after being used for a few weeks - only had it a couple of times but it has happened