Sign in to follow this  
41st

Graphtec FC7000 settings for cutting paper through

Hello people!

Recently moved into the UK and I'm glad to join this community. 
Newbie in the plotter's world, so asking you help me with Graphtec FC7000 which I'm planning to use for pen drawing and cutting out garment patterns. 
FC7000 have a cutting groove but I have no idea how to adjust a knife (and which knife and settings to use) to cut into the groove as at the moment plotter set up to work with vinyl films only. 
Can anyone explain to me how to set it up, please?
Guidance and tips always appreciated. 

Thank you!

Seeing as how you are in the UK, we do not know what your Graphtec carriage head looks like.  Show pictures.   Graphtec America has different machines than Europe.   Can the blade holder be placed in different positions in the blade holder?  If so, put it in the front position over the groove.  After that your just going to have to guess how deep you want to cut it. Deeper than the paper.  

5 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Seeing as how you are in the UK, we do not know what your Graphtec carriage head looks like.  Show pictures.   Graphtec America has different machines than Europe.   Can the blade holder be placed in different positions in the blade holder?  If so, put it in the front position over the groove.  After that your just going to have to guess how deep you want to cut it. Deeper than the paper.  

The carriage on my FC7000 is just a plain circle 14mm diameter, not like in FC8600 where you can move a knife inside the carriage to the front or backward. 
In case of FC7000 it should be something different, but how? 

20180504_085813.jpg

Then you will have to cut with a cutting mat/carrier mat .  The groove is for cross cutting on that machine.   (Cutting vinyl after the order is done.)