rcjjt55

how to bridge letters to cut stencils

I have a Graphtec  CE6000 and would like to know if anyone knows how to bridge some letters when making stencils. like the word welcome. I need to know how to keep the e, o etc. from being cut out. I have a stencil font but would like to know how to bridge letters so I can us any font.  I was told to use the rectangle but I cant figure that out either. I'm new at this thing. I asked Graphtec and they didn't know. I know there is a way to bridge letters because ive seen it done. I need to bridge some of the alphabet to keep the centers from being cut out. hope I explained it good enough so I can get help. I mostly bought this machine to cut my own stencils out. thanks in advance.

cindy

what program are you using to cut?

Not sure what program you are using. In a nutshell you would draw a thin rectangle long enough to create the bridge you are wanting. Place it where you want it and then do a Minus front operation. Your program will probably call that something different like a punch out. Essentially you want to chop some spots and allow connectors. See Illustration

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.14.13 PM.png

• Like 3

I'm using graphtec photo studio which came with the cutter. Love your example but what tool would I use to draw the lines. I'm have no idea what this thing does. 

I use Illustrator so all the terms are going to be different but literally I drew some rectangles. 

Do a google search for Graphtec Studio Tutorials. There are tons of videos and walk through's on how to do all kinds of stuff. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rcjjt55 said:

I'm using graphtec photo studio which came with the cutter. Love your example but what tool would I use to draw the lines. I'm have no idea what this thing does. 

Do you mean" Graphtec Pro Studio?   On any design software there is a rectangle tool.  You use the rectangle tool to make different sizes of rectangles.  

• Like 1