Sign in to follow this  
haumana

firearm owners

I know a handful of you out there are firearm owners, just wanted to know if any of you do dry-fire practices, or have any of the tech (i.e. - SIRT pistol, MantisX, LASR, LaseLyte, etc.)

• Like 1

I have used one of the LASR/SIRT pistols. Do not own one though. I actually went out and bought a fairly high quality Airsoft pistol that mimics my Glock 17 and use it for some training. It is a gas blow back style and even fits in my paddle holster and everything. Great way to train kids as well. Nothing quite as compelling as showing how easy it is to "accidentally" shoot someone in the leg with a short barreled firearm and actually pop them in the leg. OOPS! 

• Haha 1

I had thought about it but i reload all my own ammo so I am at the range 2 to 3 times a week. Might be nice to have for the bad weather days but, eh, not too many of those but I use them for my reloading times.

what are your thoughts on the sirt/lasr setup? I'm on the fence about getting one - the money on that setup could buy another gun :P

I bet there are gun ranges in your area where you can go "rent" time on them and see if they help you with your trigger control. That's really what it all comes down to. My trainer, if you can call him that, has me put an empty casing on the end of my gun and do dry fire exercises. 

There are things called "Snap Caps" that are made for dry fire practice without breaking the bank.  They are not much and you can find them just about anywhere.

• Like 1

I do alot of dry fire practice.  Pretty much all firearms are completely fine to dry fire except for a some .22LR.  I don't have any gadgets for allowing it, but do like some of the laser inserts that would allow me to not have to rack the slide each time on my Glock.  Just can't see spending the few hundred dollars on them...