Sign in to follow this  
cub man

Help cutting a image file

So I have been given a image file that has shading in it.  For example the font starts out dark grade, fades to just a light gray with outline back to dark gray.  When i import it into vinlymaster it wants to add several colors.  What is a easy way of doing this.  

34 minutes ago, cub man said:

So I have been given a image file that has shading in it.  For example the font starts out dark grade, fades to just a light gray with outline back to dark gray.  When i import it into vinlymaster it wants to add several colors.  What is a easy way of doing this.  

Post the file if it is not copyright protected, so someone can look at it. But you should be able to grab the whole design and change it to 1 color. If that's what your going for. 

34 minutes ago, cub man said:

Are you talking about trying to do an auto trace on it and the program can't decide what goes where? For one, If it's a font then you won't like the trace results on a font anyway. We all tend to find the correct font and rebuild that part using the actual font. Tracing text never come out clean. (and that's not an exaggeration). For the rest, the best you can do is import it into a rastor image program like Gimp or PS and manipulate it to a solid black and white. I usually just hand trace all things anyway (but still not text unless I can't find the font) Auto trace does not get it precise enough for my taste in most cases. 

Always best to find the font and recreate the design. Thought you only had like 1 font.   As stated above. fonts don't trace well.   Find the fonts. Many programs out there to match fonts. Even if you attempt to trace them, you will have to node edit them. 

55 minutes ago, cub man said:

This is the file.. Want to scan so all fonts are gray

That file might be png, but I bet there is a vector version somewhere.  If not, I bet there is a native file version like a photoshop file.  That would be better to have as it would still preserve fonts and might have real shapes.  Even better if it is an AI file.  Ask them for the source file.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this