Sign in to follow this  
Who just cut me?

Small order pricing.

How do you deal with the shipping cost on small orders. Like only 2-3 blank shirts. when the shipping is just as much as the products. I have done several large orders and those get free shipping from supplier. However, I cannot seem to find a supplier that ships small orders for free or cheap. Ideas or what works for you? 

53 minutes ago, Who just cut me? said:

How do you deal with the shipping cost on small orders. Like only 2-3 blank shirts. when the shipping is just as much as the products. I have done several large orders and those get free shipping from supplier. However, I cannot seem to find a supplier that ships small orders for free or cheap. Ideas or what works for you? 

would you ship me 3 large shirts  - I will pay $1.50 each if you pay shipping  . . . 

• Haha 1

I understand what you are saying Dakota and that it is not a profitable business model for the supplier.

Maybe I worded My question incorrectly. So, Is it just stranded practice that if you are going to do a very small order you take the hit or pass the shipping cost onto the customer?

I am asking to see what the people with many more years experience in shirt the business do or have found that works best for small runs or custom small orders. 

if you price your final product correctly you will still make some money - just not much on a small order - and you will either stock some shirts yourself or you will tall them on a small order they have to wait a few days till you have enough shirts to make an order.   most of the time for me I just add some to the small order to restock my black or white shirts I keep in stock

• Like 1

Similar to Dakota I usually tell the buyer that I will save them some shipping if they can wait while I build an order or they are welcome to pay the shipping if they need it sooner. Most shipping is in the $12-$15 range for small orders. This is also a good way to get a feel for how urgent their needs are.

• Like 1

I don't know who your buying from or how many of what size of what you need but I so far order all my shirts from one place and its $5.95 for shipping. I would think it be easy enough just to add $6 more to the total and let them pay it. I did just get kinda messed over when i told a customer her shirt would cost $15 then she says of btw i need a 2xl.. and i know 2xl are going to cost like $5.00 just for the shirt now she doesn't want to pay the $5 extra.

2 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

I did just get kinda messed over when i told a customer her shirt would cost $15 then she says of btw i need a 2xl.. and i know 2xl are going to cost like $5.00 just for the shirt now she doesn't want to pay the $5 extra.

Never quote anything until you have the full details.  You messed yourself over, it sounds like.   Lack of experience.  

5 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Never quote anything until you have the full details.  You messed yourself over, it sounds like.   Lack of experience.  

its a friend. actually a girl i kinda dated and i know she wears XL cause she wore my shirts before. didn't ever think she would want a 2XL shirt. but i will be clear to Everyone else anything over a XL is $5 more

19 minutes ago, eprcvinyls said:

its a friend. actually a girl i kinda dated and i know she wears XL cause she wore my shirts before. didn't ever think she would want a 2XL shirt. but i will be clear to Everyone else anything over a XL is $5 more

first wife wore my shirts but afterwards I couldn't wear them as they was stretched in a certain area :(

• Haha 3