Sign in to follow this  
davey1903

Vinyl Not tracking straight

Hoping someone might be having the same issue as I am. I make 15"x50 " Advertisements that I install on new cars at the car dealerships ie: $5,000/off, and they display them in their fronts yards to captivate customers attention. All these advertisements that I make I'm putting a 1/2" border around them. As of lately all my borders are not consistent. meaning left side starts at 1/2", and ends up being 1/4". I've played around with the pinch rollers, but still getting the same result. I have an MH871. Any insight would be deeply appreciated. This picture I've attached is one I did before I started having this problem to give you an idea what I'm doing.

2014-12-31 11.27.50.jpg

probably will be hard with that cutter.  It does not have that great of tracking.And doing 1/2 border is even worse.   Find a software with   optimize cutting order... So the design is not cutting from 1 end all the to the other end and back...   or step up to a better cutter that does have great tracking.  This is why we choose Graphtecs, for great tracking. plus quiet, accurate cutting. 

I use Flexistarter software,  it has it, and I think Signcut has it.  You kind of panel it off, then it cuts everything in say the first 12" then goes to the next 12" each panel, than on to the end.  It all depends on the length as to what sizes you want to panel it off.  Not going all the way to the end and back tracking. 

I agree with Skeeter. With a budget cutter about the only chance you really have is a program that will help compensate. They will help but certain layouts will not work very well. The current one you displayed may work ok because the inside is not too detailed. The poor tracking effects both the ability to keep consistent on the outline and it can also cause issues trying to start back up where it leaves off. If you have any kind of small detailed lettering it will make a huge mess. I used to run a budget cutter and fought this all the time. That's what eventually pushed me into a quality cutter and oh what a difference. 

To try it out try the SignCut program they have a free trial. I can't recall if it has limited cutting size or not but you can pay a week at a time if you want as long as you have internet connection on your cutting computer and see if it will work or not. You're not out much. SignCut calls this feature "Step-by-step Cutting" and you set the distance you want it to go. I used somewhere around 10" to a foot most of the time if I remember right. The poor tracking can still cause small spots that don't exactly line up wherever it starts and stops. You can run through a preview cut in the cutting area that will show you what it will do and where it will jump back and forth and you can adjust that distance to try and make it miss important parts. Hard to explain in words but it's relatively simple once you get used to it.