Guest msd

help when i cut my image its cutting randoms lines

Guest msd

My MH871-MK2 is cutting random lines when it didn't before. I have not used the machine in a month probably and never this issue what can it be?

Plenty of things...  Static,  cutter not grounded to stand if you have one.  running on USB,  (Cheap Chinese Chip in this cutter)   memory overloaded   This machine is prone to all of these problems. 

Guest msd

it is grounded. I got a new computer and switched then noticed the lines so switched back the old computer and its still doing it. I just used it less then a month ago and now I cant figure it out

There are many problems with this bottom of the barrel cutter..  I listed 4 of them.    If your on USB put it on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter,  It has been posted hundreds of times on this forum to do that.  Search out your cutter under MH.

Guest msd

That's why I'm asking as I looked through the forums and tried everything. I wasn't sure if I missed anything. I'm still running the same set up as before. I didn't change anything other then computers as the old one was very slow.

Just now, Guest msd said:

That's why I'm asking as I looked through the forums and tried everything. I wasn't sure if I missed anything. I'm still running the same set up as before. I didn't change anything other then computers as the old one was very slow.

If you put your pen tool in and it doesn't make those lines, then most likely it is static.   Use Static Guard,   put dryer sheets in the vinyl roll, rub the cutter with dryer sheets. Static comes from the vinyl. 

Guest msd

I tried the pen thing and did the same thing. there is an update I haven't purchased yet could that be the problem?

It is always best to but a value cutter on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter.  Posted hundreds of times....It does not matter how long it has ran good.  Many people have had to purchase them.  These cutters have a cheap Chinese chip.   Are you sure your design is good? And no stray nodes somewhere in it? 

Guest msd

Yes I'm Sure. I will look into a new cable see if that will fix it

You can even try just changing the USB cable to a different one. If you're running it through a USB hub, try a powered hub to help maintain the integrity of the data feed.

Have you tried cutting something else?
How large is the file that you're cutting? (no the size of the design, but the size of the file?)
Have you tried different software?

Have you tried different software? Sign Blazer is free and works well with these cutters. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.