Sign in to follow this  
Ickey Joey

RedSail Vinyl Express R Series cutter help PLEASE?

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction and tell me if the z-axis chip on on the RedSail R series cutter is located on the motherboard?  I need to replace the chip based on the carriage issues Ive diagosed however I dont know where it is.  Ive done my own research and Ive attempted to reach Sign Warehouse however its probably easier to have someone at Enron answer the phone than them.   Thanks

on most cutters it is not easily changed - best solution is to jack up the roll of vinyl and slide a servo motor cutter under it - :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

on most cutters it is not easily changed - best solution is to jack up the roll of vinyl and slide a servo motor cutter under it - :)

I don’t understand what you mean by that

after 6 years with a value cutter , maybe it is time for an upgrade to a cutter with a servo motor

Years ago sw also had a userforum - it never really took off - but that was also back when there support was better.  What I have seen in the past 5 years their support has disappeared along with the forum.   maybe someone on here with experience with illy will have the answer - personally I had a p-cut and an MH series cutter sold by uscutter (equivilent to the redsail you have now) - and as I made the money over the years upgraded my plotter about yearly until I got a graphtec.   your issue sounds more like a software issue though, and you never answered the question in your other thread as to if you checked the settings in your production manager on line smoothness (maybe it got changed)

I think it's something in the machine. I'm not tech savvy enough to diagnose what but I bet either some sort of chip like you mention or even an actual stepper motor going bad and getting choppy in it's movements. Base on the OP's other post I would say time for at least a new budget cutter but I like Dakota highly recommend an upgrade.