julian keller

Trying to get this all figured out

39 minutes ago, julian keller said:

So do you sub out to get the transfers or do you do them yourself?  I was looking at a few places to do that in case I get a large order at one point as I do not have room yet to do it. But as soon as my son and daughter-in-law move out I will have 2 rooms for all my equipment.

I have had good luck with F&M. They have a one color program that's pretty awesome. As I said earlier I work in  my home and really don't have room for the mess of screen printing so the transfers let me compete. They are still slick feeling because they have been screened onto a transfer sheet and some prefer the rough hand of a real screen print but generally they have been well received. I just look at the individual job, the turn around time and effort it would take to cut and weed and make a determination (and price) accordingly. 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:29 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

You guys sound like your all competing for those small decals.. Wouldn't you rather make  say $75-100 for a set of decals?  Think big. If your good,  You can make $100 an hour.  I only make those smaller decals out of left over vinyl. So that is pretty much Free, just labor.  I started with big decals right away,  And I don't care what others charge.  Big is my niche'.  Selling a couple to 5 a week of big sets, makes for a nice week  and less work. 

Sure would love to, but so far ive just sold to friends, local folks. So far its not expanded to others. I have a personal Ebay I have had it for years, only sold a few things over the years just electronic type items.. Selling on ebay don't you get hit hard in Fees that Ebay takes? That is why I stopped selling on ebay years ago. So do you just do random items and put on your store to sell? Im sure you have in each ad you can do custom things also.

biggest job ive done was 2) kid t shirts and 2 decals 910 inch long x3 tall it think that was $50 for being shipped to them. I did just get paid for a t shirt order tho this is my largest yet. new press be here Monday shirts on Tuesday i will be busy next week got 15 shirts to make front and back full logos. I would love one of those orders each week.

I think the last analysis I got showed the ebay, paypal and shipping fees were around 28 percent - then just add your packaging and shipping supplies like labels 

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I think the last analysis I got showed the ebay, paypal and shipping fees were around 28 percent - then just add your packaging and shipping supplies like labels 

Guess that's not to bad. I have shipped a few items, for people who live far away done two things for my Cousin so far.  I guess i have felt like in person exchanging the items and money is better. For me the post office is 15 mile round trip i live in a small town.

Well the 2 shirts I made for some people that went to a Disney run looks like it paid off!  I am getting more orders as they posted photos and gave credit to me. I have 6 more people wanting upwards of 10 shirts at least.  Not much but a start at least.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

. Selling on ebay don't you get hit hard in Fees that Ebay takes? That is why I stopped selling on ebay years ago. So do you just do random items and put on your store to sell? Im sure you have in each ad you can do custom things also.

I have a Premium Ebay store where I can list 1000 items for $59.99  My Ebay fees are 10%   Paypal I think is  3.5%      I figure my shipping into my decal prices and post FREE ship.    I have over 1500  items listed in my store, and no I do not advertise custom orders.  You can only post on your ad what you are selling, nothing more.  No outside contact, phone numbers, email,  etc. Where else can you post an ad to millions of people for up  25 cents a month?   In my case 6 cents a month.   I make a living from Ebay  And I don't mess with that little stuff.    Now I do make a few just to get rid of scrap. But I have a professional vinyl cutter making great quality vinyl graphics. My main business is large decal sets. You guys making  all that small stuff are just competing against yourselves and cut throating to make $2    My prices go higher,  not lower..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I have a Premium Ebay store where I can list 1000 items for $59.99  My Ebay fees are 10%   Paypal I think is  3.5%      I figure my shipping into my decal prices and post FREE ship.    I have over 1500  items listed in my store, and no I do not advertise custom orders.  You can only post on your ad what you are selling, nothing more.  No outside contact, phone numbers, email,  etc. Where else can you post an ad to millions of people for up  25 cents a month?   In my case 6 cents a month.   I make a living from Ebay  And I don't mess with that little stuff.    Now I do make a few just to get rid of scrap. But I have a professional vinyl cutter making great quality vinyl graphics. My main business is large decal sets. You guys making  all that small stuff are just competing against yourselves and cut throating to make $2    My prices go higher,  not lower..

Thanks for the info. Good to know how others are doing it. Gives us small folks ideas and or something to look at. I didn't know Ebay offered anything like that. I guess that is the driffrence between personal and business Ebay.

So I made a sign for someone and as part of this "Figuring it all out" I wanted to get some input on how much you would have charged for this?  I think I underpriced the crap out of this so it is a lesson learned on the use of Excel and pricing...LOL

Item:

24x20 plastic sign

651 vinyl

time: about 10-15 minutes

cali farm.jpg

Basic single-color/single sided coroplast yard sign (no metal stake)  $22.50

21 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Basic single-color/single sided coroplast yard sign (no metal stake)  $22.50

Ok so i don't feel too bad then.  I charged $20 for it plus $5 for the sign for a total of $25.

9 hours ago, julian keller said:

Ok so i don't feel too bad then.  I charged $20 for it plus $5 for the sign for a total of $25.

you paid for the sign, I would had charged about $20-25  yeah its bigger, but i enjoy bigger stuff rather then tiny stuff, were making magnets for my womans family reunion and it is so tiny. trying to weed out something the size of business cards Glad she had patience to do them.