The VinylMaster Features and Comparison chart says that Pro has "worksheets".  Watching the videos and using the help menu, they show an option for "Master Pages" on the tool menu and under the "Layout" tab.  These links should open a menu containing "clone master pages" so that you can create a worksheet.  My VM Pro V4.0 updated 12/19/17 doesn't have those "Master Pages" links.  I can turn on thumbnails and set a page as a Master Page, but I can't find a link to "clone master pages" anywhere.  Any ideas?

FYI, a "worksheet" is sort of like a catalog page. It can show multiple images on one page that are dynamically linked to the real image.  So, right now I'm doing 4 designs for a church camp.  Printing out the worksheet will show them what all 4 look like.  If I go in and change the color on an image, the worksheet is automatically updated to the new color. You can also add notes, so I could add prices or options to the page. It would be a really handy feature. . .if I can figure out where they hid the sub-menu.

Here is their video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hJn3giocYE

In the Object Manager & Properties...

Right Click the page you wish to Clone

Page Tools > Master Pages > Clone Master Page

Will look around to see about Creating Notes for the Page.

VmCloneMasterPage.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks skarekrow!  Wow, that's a round-about way of getting to a command, how did you even find it?  I wonder why they took it out of the toolbar and menu..

As far as adding notes, in the video he just uses the text tool and adds text,

Just adding Text did occur to me as well, just seemed round-about, as well.

I've noticed the different Versions of Vm seem to have somewhat different Layouts like

they created each one separately, from scratch.

He's using the XPT Version in the Video, I believe.

You're right though, they buried it rather deep and it seems to be the only way to Clone the Master.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.