the blade is supposed cut a test cut into your vinyl.   That is the purpose of a test cut.  The square is supposed to have sharp edges.. Or is your question something else? 

Not the test cut on the machine when im sending a project over and i run an area text to test the are its cutting the vinyl sry i did say area test cut but its just the area test

Im trying to run an area test to make sure the project will fit on the peice of vinyl I was using. And it cut down the vinyl. And then across. I just started cutting vinyl. So im not sure of many settings.

Your not stating enough info...no mention of which cutting software..  But if your using Sure Cuts A lot. it will make cut lines until you activate the software.    If that is not it.  Show pictures. Your description is very vague.. We can't tell what your doing. 

How did you set the blade depth?   Which computer operating system.? How connected?  USB or serial.?  Is the cutter grounded to the stand if you have one?   Are the images vector? 

Im using a mh871 cutter vinyl master software that came with it. Im using a 30 degree blade about half the width of a credit card. My offset is .30 1 pass. HTV by siser. Pressure is 100 baug rate is 4800 up speed is 380. The cut speed is 300. Hp laptop windows 10

Ive ran the area test before with no issues.im sure what happen. I did just change the blade. It seems as if the blade is sitting too low its hard to slide the vinyl under it.

And when it goes to cut the blade is low enough to catch the vinyl not clearing over the top of it. Its like dragging on it 

Too much blade exposed,, you should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.  Why 30 degree blade?   Use a 45 or a 60 degree.  Start with .025 on offset.     .05+ and minus to get correct. Here is how to set the blade correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 1

When i got the machine it came with a 30 degree blade a 45 and a 60 but it said to use 30 degrees for heat transfers. I was making my kids shirts.

I don't do transfers,  someone else will have to help you with that.  I am giving you basic set up instructions.   Your blade is too far out. 

1/2 a credit card is about 10 times too much blade.....Your welcome...   Somehow those instructions just won't stop being out there..   The instructions I gave you are posted,  probably 100+ times on this forum.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, xiqshuner said:

Im trying to run an area test to make sure the project will fit on the peice of vinyl I was using. And it cut down the vinyl. And then across. I just started cutting vinyl. So im not sure of many settings.

I'm not familiar with the software you're using, but you should be able to see the dimensions of the size of the design/text that you're wanting to cut. As long as it's smaller than your vinyl, and your cutter is at 0,0 then you shouldn't have a problem. See if there is a ruler function in your software, so you can also see the size are you're editing.

Signblazer has that preview feature as well. It's nice to use when your design is say 23.5" wide on your 24" wide vinyl. It is a sanity check to make sure the vinyl is straight and good to go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Signblazer has that preview feature as well. It's nice to use when your design is say 23.5" wide on your 24" wide vinyl. It is a sanity check to make sure the vinyl is straight and good to go.

Love the the ruler in SB. Can't function without it sometimes.

I'm grateful that 95% of my vinyl are on rolls, and come off the rollers next to ram rod straight. I do the straight check when initially loading off-roll vinyl as soon as I load it. The ruler markings on the LP are very helpful that way. As long as I load it well, check for drifting, I'm good.