Sign in to follow this  
Knobhill

Workspace page size SBE

Is there a way to not use a page size in the workspace? I'm used to an open field when designing and find it very annoying to setup a page for vehicle outlines scaled 1:1 and then have to reinvent the page to cut. So far this is the only issue I have with Elements. Or is there an option in Pro?

work space setup uncheck the show Border

You still have to be inside of the workspace area for the cutter to see it. Just make your workspace a very large size. Say 72" by 240". That should cover most cars. I don't think it is limited to how big you can make it.

Thanx for the info. I'll try that to see if it's any easier. I still would like to see the workspace be infinite and the page size requirement eliminated. I design everything 1:1 scale. Not liking being constained by a predetermined workspace size that directly affects cutting space.

I grew up on early AutoCAD and find most of these sign programs no better than Paint prog's.  Been using Omega for years and it's the best I've ever seen for sign making. Is there a program out there that can do the same? Flexi is close but is not as good. Keep in mind I design in 1:1 scale. I don't need this page BS at all. Changing the page size/turning off the boarder makes it even more a PITA.

I don't understand what you want...if you like Omega so much,use Omega. Then figure out how to actually cut what you design on the cutter you have. That is the point of Signblazer and Flexi. Design and cut.....within the paramaters of the cutter.

Maybe if you make it more clear exactly what you expect, some on here can offer some advice.

http://www.signforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=39

you might find your answer there as well.

My point is that the work space is constricted to a predefined size. Making it more work to design in true 1:1 scale and be forced to then reinvent the wheel for cutting.. The only time this is needed is when cutting, not designing. I'm asking if there is an option to eliminate this constraint somewhere. I found Omega to be the best program to date.  I'm most experienced with CAD programs so I'm pre-conceptual. If you've never used AutoCAD you'll not know what I mean. If I could afford Omega I would buy it.

You are not constricted to a pre-defined size. You can set your custom size to whatever you want it to be. You can change it at any time. Once you figure out what you final design size is, adjust your workspace to fit.

Just make it super huge.

Open SignBlazer, File, then WorkSpace Setup. Enter any values you would like for the size.

Anything outside the workspace area is designed to be used as a virtual clipboard.....pretty neat stuff. Zoom in, zoom out, copy, paste, etc., so I believe there needs to be a workspace area for the project you would actually like to cut.

:thumbsup:

That's what I've been doing so I'll chalk it up to learning to use the new software. and reinvent the wheel again. LOL, Thanx.