Sign in to follow this  
KDM_Freak

Graphtech CE lite-50

So I was looking into a little upgrade from my titan 2 and stumbled on the graphtech ce lite-50.. I’m just a little home shop looking for more toys lol. But of course no reviews on it yet & I was curious if any of yous knows a little more about it then what I’m reading. I also can’t seem to find what type of motor is in it and if it’s worth it’s price point at 899.00 (I believe for graphtech that’s a great deal) so I’d assume yes but before jumping in on it I’d like to know a little more info. Anything at all (I have only used my titan for the past 4 years with my Mac) Thank you for your time in advance!

-Mike 

Well the specs read it is for Windows and it is a servo..  It says 10 ft length.   I have never had a problem with my Graphtec in 10 years.  Great quality.  Graphtec puts out great cutters.  

SKU:  GRCCELITE-50
Max Cutting Length 118 in
Max Cutting Width 20 in
Max Speed 27.83/s at 45° angle
Model Name CE LITE-50
Contour Cutting Yes - Automatic
Class Pro Vinyl Cutters
Intended Use Professional
OS Compatibility Windows
Motor Type Servo

The only problem I see with it is the fact that it has a max wide of 20".

That pretty much means your only option is 15" vinyl.  That's not worth $900 to me.  

I have seen 20" wide rolls of vinyl. Earl Mich sells Avery and other brands at 20" wide. Also 18" wide. Others may also..  Earl Mich slits vinyl themselves.   But I sure wouldn't want a 20" wide cutter.   I also would not want a cutter that did not have a stand.   The vinyl on rollers, and aligned with the cutter, make the tracking the best.   My opinion.

58 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Well the specs read it is for Windows and it is a servo..  It says 10 ft length.   I have never had a problem with my Graphtec in 10 years.  Great quality.  Graphtec puts out great cutters.  

SKU:  GRCCELITE-50
Max Cutting Length 118 in
Max Cutting Width 20 in
Max Speed 27.83/s at 45° angle
Model Name CE LITE-50
Contour Cutting Yes - Automatic
Class Pro Vinyl Cutters
Intended Use Professional
OS Compatibility Windows
Motor Type Servo

See I didn’t see motor type and it says it comes with Mac software so does it support Mac or no ? Reason I’m so hesitant on it but this would be a nice edition if it worked out for me .. ARMs and contour for 899.00 I feel that’s amazing and a step up from my titan. 

28 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

The only problem I see with it is the fact that it has a max wide of 20".

That pretty much means your only option is 15" vinyl.  That's not worth $900 to me.  

I’d keep my titan for bigger jobs but again I’m only a at home operation type of guy on my free time. I have a small base of customers but nothing crazy. So it’s more for wanting to upgrade. Money I’m not worried about I enjoy this field a lot and some day hope to learn enough to open my own small shop. 

55 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Better deal on windows   FREE $1000 software which is only for Windows.    Like Flexisign pro, just no RIP.  It's a download from Graphtec after you enter in your serial number.    Yes Mac also.  

This is on Graphtec America site

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-ce-lite50-specifications

So in reality just because it says windows does not mean it’s just for windows. I can plug this machine into my Mac and it will work fine with the given software. Where I lose out is not having a windows based computer for the Microsoft software because they are giving you more then what they offer to Mac? I hope I just made sense. I appreciate your help ! 

It seems that way.   You can contact Graphtec for more info. I have not heard of anyone buying this cutter yet. .    UScutter is showing you are getting Free  $2100 software.  That software is for Windows. 

2 hours ago, KDM_Freak said:

I’d keep my titan for bigger jobs but again I’m only a at home operation type of guy on my free time. I have a small base of customers but nothing crazy. So it’s more for wanting to upgrade. Money I’m not worried about I enjoy this field a lot and some day hope to learn enough to open my own small shop. 

I don't see your reasoning..............

Why waste your time with 2 cutters.   If you want to upgrade "UPGRADE" to a cutter you're going to be happy with.   1 that'll do everything you want.  Small -> Large vinyl.   

I hear they you want to upgrade but you don't really want to upgrade if you're still planning on using the titan.   You're going to get the baby graphtec and see how well it works and wish you had just bitten the bullet and bought the CE6000-60. Trust me.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

Why waste your time with 2 cutters.   If you want to upgrade "UPGRADE" to a cutter you're going to be happy with.   1 that'll do everything you want.  Small -> Large vinyl.   

I hear they you want to upgrade but you don't really want to upgrade if you're still planning on using the titan.   You're going to get the baby graphtec and see how well it works and wish you had just bitten the bullet and bought the CE6000-60. Trust me.  

Yup

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KDM_Freak said:

. Money I’m not worried about I enjoy this field a lot and some day hope to learn enough to open my own small shop. 

Jump on a 30" FC8600-75.. All you will ever need.. You won't need an upgrade down the road..   Very happy with my 30" Graphtec. :D   Then sell the Titan. 

4 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Jump on a 30" FC8600-75.. All you will ever need.. You won't need an upgrade down the road..   Very happy with my 30" Graphtec. :D   Then sell the Titan. 

Maybe I used the money isn’t a problem to lightly .. hahaha I see what everyone’s saying and I do agree but my titans paid off threw the sales I have done in the past & some so that’s why I figured keep it why not ? but what graphtech can I get for maybe 2000 or less that does contour has ARMs and all that fun stuff I’d like to expand. All I have really done is single color decals and then got into shirts. 

5 hours ago, bikemike said:

Yup

5 hours ago, Go-C Graphics said:

14 minutes ago, KDM_Freak said:

Maybe I used the money isn’t a problem to lightly .. hahaha I see what everyone’s saying and I do agree but my titans paid off threw the sales I have done in the past & some so that’s why I figured keep it why not ? but what graphtech can I get for maybe 2000 or less that does contour has ARMs and all that fun stuff I’d like to expand. All I have really done is single color decals and then got into shirts. 

and that new graphtec for $1800 comes with graphtec pro studio software (flexi cloud rebranded) - which is  like getting a $2100 software free

16 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

and that new graphtec for $1800 comes with graphtec pro studio software (flexi cloud rebranded) - which is  like getting a $2100 software free

Only thing is can I continue to use my Mac? I have not used Microsoft in about 7 years .. love love love my Mac & would hate to go out and have to by a new computer. 

17 minutes ago, KDM_Freak said:

Only thing is can I continue to use my Mac? I have not used Microsoft in about 7 years .. love love love my Mac & would hate to go out and have to by a new computer. 

Yes, they are Mac compatible. all of the info is on the Graphtec site.  

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-ce6000-plus-series-specifications/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KDM_Freak said:

Avid Mac user here. I can run my Graphtec CE6000 on my Mac, as well as on Windows running within Parallel. Graphtec provides you cutting software for both platforms.

Get the Graphtec CE6000, it's a bit more, but it will eventually pay for itself just like your Titan did. You can always sell your Titan to offset some of the cost once your get the Graphtec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1