Guest Heather

Is VinylMaster Pro worth the upgrade?

Guest Heather

I am just starting out and not sure if the upgrade to pro is worth the extra cost. I do have Adobe Illustrator and was planning to use that to then import into VinylMaster. I am purchasing the Titan 3 if that makes a difference. Those of you who have used both what do you recommend? Any other suggestions?

I would download it as skeeter suggested to see - illy is very powerful design software but many time I like to design and cut from the same software without the need to export and import to cut.  I have vinylmaster pro and like it a lot 

I messed around with the "Cut" version for 6 months or so and it drove me nuts.  Most of the things I wanted to do either couldn't be done or took way to many steps. So I'd have Inkscape and VM open and be transferring things back and forth. It wasn't smooth or intuitive.   As a last ditch effort before scrapping VM I upgraded to PRO....world of difference.  I almost never open Inkscape any more.  Pro is a really well thought out program.  Just the time I've saved by having the curved text tool has paid for it.

Pull up one of their videos on the "cut file" and watch how it can save you a ton of time and vinyl.  Rather than sending items one at a time to the cutter, you can send them all to the "cut files" and then after you have a bunch of designs ready you send each cut file to the cutter. So all my black 651for the day gets cut at once, load up yellow and have it cut the yellow cut file, and then move on to the next color.

Without sounding like an advertisement, Pro restored my faith in VM and has made cutting a lot less tedious.

• Like 1

Guest New Plotter

What 24” plotter works with Windows 10 & VMPro vs. 4.? 
my old (FC 3100-60) Graphtec plotter “board” might’ve fried in an electrical surge & I really don’t do much vinyl but I do need the force pressure for 25 mil sandblast mask. 
I don’t want to learn a new art program just a simple compatible plotter.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.