Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

LaserPoint THREE (3) -- what's not to like?!!

The long-awaited addition to the USCUTTER plotter machine models, the LP3, is now headed out to early-adopters.

If YOU just got an LP3, how do you feel about it? Impressions? Overall ease of use? Good value?

This thread is open for those who are thinking of purchasing the LP3, as well as feedback from folks who jumped-in and ordered already and are now using theirs.

I am trying to find some feedback on this machine as well.  There are zero reviews anywhere and no videos outside of the minute and a half trailer from US Cutter.  Does anyone have this machine?  It looks like exactly what I want for my price range, but I'm worried about buying a newly released cutter that hasn't been put thru customer paces.

Hey Lonnie.  I'm the guy that directed you here from reddit.  Looks like your getting no feedback.  Maybe the LP3 is too new.   Thought I would say something and act as a thread bump.

Yeah, no responses here, on Reddit, or in any of several Facebook groups I'm in.  I've recently gotten some inquiries about doing some vinyl jobs that will put a little more money in my pocket than I was expecting, so I may just wind up skipping over a budget cutter and buying something a little more substantial.

I THINK Slice bought the SC2. The LP3 machines appear to me a pretty nice set up. In comparing the specs the SC2 (which is also an improved model) says max cutting length of 144 inches (12ft) and the LP3 says 180 (15ft). The LP3 finally has an actual optical eye. The older models had a laser pointer which is where the LP moniker comes from. I always felt the laser pointer was a gimmick because all the reviews sound like they were tough to get lined up and accurate and everyone ended up just using the blade tip to align with. Having an optical eye should help dramatically with printed work to be contour cut. Having said that, most small/starter shops have very little need for an optical eye. I have one and have used it a few times mostly to test it out. It looks to be a step up from the SC2 and in the world of cutters the more you spend the better your machine. 

I see both the SC2 and the LP3 only have windows listed as compatible operating systems. I don't know if that is accurate or not. The V Master Cut cutting software is pc for sure but can be run using a windows platform within mac like Parallels.  

I have no experience with this model but figured since there was little feedback I would chime in to give my $0.02.  

Thanks.  I don't have a printer personally but have access to one so that I could still produce printed decals to be cut out, at home, and it's a good capability to have down the road if I expand into doing spme small print work myself.  I like the size of what this machine can work, and I like the layout and interface, and the included stand and basket is nice.  The closest comparable machine I've found in size and price is the GCCExpert 2 LX which is abput $100 more expensive, and it uses a virtual interface, no display on the actual cutter, which I'm not keen on, and the stand and basket are another $100+ on top of that.  I think this recent price drop is going to sell me on this machine.  If it's still at this price Thursday when I get paid, I'm pulling the trigger.

somewhat ez  since ive never cut vinyl before. the  arrow pads and  such are a joke you cant move the head or rollers with them all they do is adjust pressure and speed.569 was way to costly for a 28" that wont even screw to the frame correctly.. i will play with mine a bit more but most likely sell it.

13 hours ago, madmorgan said:

....the  arrow pads and  such are a joke you cant move the head or rollers with them all they do is adjust pressure and speed

Are you sure about that? I don't have an LP3, but I do have an SC2 and the button layout is very similar.  Yes the arrow buttons control the pressure and speed, but if you hit the LOCAL/PAUSE buttons, they will now control the head and rollers.

...at least on the SC2.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, madmorgan said:

somewhat ez  since ive never cut vinyl before. the  arrow pads and  such are a joke you cant move the head or rollers with them all they do is adjust pressure and speed.569 was way to costly for a 28" that wont even screw to the frame correctly.. i will play with mine a bit more but most likely sell it.

Take the time to read the user manual and understand what the buttons on the Control panel do.  The user manual is on the UScutter website.  Look at the LOCAL button.  There are smaller vinyl cutters higher priced than that, and they don't even come with a stand. 

I'll offer $100  and you pay shipping.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, madmorgan said:

sorry nothing in the manual i will try the local pause though... ive googled it come up with nothing..

Nothing in the manual? CONTROL PANEL Used to provide input directly to the cutter.( Covered in detail in the “Control Panel” section of this manual.) Right in section CONTROL PANEL.  UScutter.com website  SUPPORT has all of the user manuals as well as FAQ  for their vinyl cutters. Page 21  Very detailed user manual for the Laserpointer 3. You have to actually read it, madmorgan!  

laser 3_1.JPG

laser 3.JPG

• Like 2