Sign in to follow this  
Fallen Munk

VinylMaster CUT freezing

I'm having a problem where as soon as I try to open or import, the program just locks up.  Nothing works, anything you click on give the error tone.  I can't even close the program without ctrl/alt/del and shutting the process down in program manager.  I even reinstalled the program and it still doing the same thing.  I'm at my wit's end.  Up until today the program was working flawlessly.  I can start a new document or open a existing document as long as that document is shown in the gateway, but the second I try to import into those documents, it freezes.  

I haven't used the software for about three weeks, so the restore point would have to be prior to that and I'm not sure I want to do that.  I've installed a few programs since then.  Maybe as a last resort.

Well maybe Vinyl Master will pop in.  I don't use the software.   Maybe some one else can help you.  Nothing more than I can  help with.  

hopefully vinylmaster will pop in like skeeter said - I have never had a problem with it 

I've discovered a workaround to get a job done that needs to go out today, but it's not a good long term solution.  I can open an existing document from the gateway, delete the graphics, then copy my new graphics from CorelDraw and paste them into VinylMaster.  

Sounds to me like there is a problem with the corel file.

Have you tried other files just to check?

that is something I never have done as it has provided unpredictable results - I never copy from one program and paste to another with vector graphics - I always export the graphic and then import it into the other program

bikemike, regarding problem with the Corel file.....It doesn't matter what file type, VinylMaster locks the second I click "open" or "import" so it doesn't even know what type of file I'm going to try to import.  The whole program locks.  And another new development, although copy and paste works for me to get the job cut, as soon as I click "save" or "save as", it locks.

Dakotagrafx, yes that is my usual mode of operation.  I save the file in dxf, then import.  Because this would not work, I'm doing a workaround so I can get this job out.

Ok, ya. Not a corel file problem.

Why DXF? Eps would be a better choice. IMO.

• Like 1

I am sure VM will be around - over the past 10 years they are about the ONLY vendor that frequents the user forum and they are usually pretty quick.  back 10 years ago we had uscutter tech support Ken Imes and Jerry Bonham from signblazer on here all hours of the day and night - AND weekends - like they never slept.  those days are long gone for the most part but vinylmaster has been amazing since they came on board so I am sure they will be around

@VinylMaster  #VinylMaster  

bikemike, for importing I use DXF basically out of long time habit.  It was the format that my Roland program preferred for importing going back 25 years now, so all my old decal files are already saved in dxf.  It's been working fine for me.  All my graphics are pretty simple.  After the graphics are imported and arranged in VinylMaster, I do save that file in eps.

Well I got this job done, but was not able to save it which is a bummer because it is a repeat job so I have to lay it out all over again the next time it comes through.  Thanks for all the advice so far, hopefully someone from VM can help me figure it out.  Or if I figure it out on my own, I'll post an update.

You can try and open your file and save it as a different file type. You can also try to reduce the file size - sometimes I run into import/opening issues if the file is too big.

Is this issue happening with all your files you're trying to import/open?

It's not a file problem.  It won't even let me browse to a file.  I click "open", it freezes.  I click "import" it freezes.  I click "save" or "save as" it freezes.  Then the only way out is ctrl/alt/del. 

48 minutes ago, Fallen Munk said:

It's not a file problem.  It won't even let me browse to a file.  I click "open", it freezes.  I click "import" it freezes.  I click "save" or "save as" it freezes.  Then the only way out is ctrl/alt/del. 

There is the problem.

On mine it is alt/ctrl/del.  Ok, maybe not. Just funnin with ya'll.

Guest Future Support

It is possible that the import window is being displayed on a second monitor (which may not actually be present), or behind the main window.

Try "unmaximizing" the designing window, in otherwords, make it so it does not fill the entire screen before you attempt to import, and then try to import the file.

If it looks like it freezes, press the "Esc" key to see if it is just a hidden window (which you can fix in windows by turning off a second monitor if that is the cause)

If not, lodge a support ticket and they should help you resolve the issue.

Thank you Guest Future Support!  That was it!  I recently configured it for dual monitor so I could stream to my TV.  As soon as I disabled that monitor (my TV) it fixed it.  Crazy.  I would have never thought of that.

• Like 1

I had mine freeze sometimes when first started trying to use it. But since i got my cutter its only froze once. and after i restarted it it was fine.

Well it turns out that the program wasn't really freezing, it just appeared to be.  When you can't see the popup and the program won't do anything because it is waiting for you to use the popup menu you can't see because it is on a monitor that is not even on...........yeah, loads of fun.  So if this happens to anyone else, at least this thread should come up in a search.

• Like 1

great news - and now available for next person to be able to research and read in the future.

29 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

great news - and now available for next person to be able to research and read in the future.

Yes, and thanks for everyone's replies.  A real head scratcher for sure.

• Like 1

Guest Doc

Thanks, I had the same problem. The import/open window was on my drawing tablet screen, which was off. I should have known it wasn't locked up because of the error sound whenever you click on the screen.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this