Sign in to follow this  
MWD

CE6000-40 FMark Auto feeder troubles

Hey,

We just got a new Graphtec CE6000-40 and after a few weeks of tinkering, I've gotten it to work how I want it. We're using it mainly to cut business cards. Problem is, I can't get the automatic feeder to work. Everything is plugged in, software is running, but it constantly gives me a message in the bottom saying "Load Media" even though the media is loaded. Currently, I'm just trying to use the test sheets they gave me and the .ai file provided on the CD to accompany it. However, I did try earlier to cut sample business cards and along with the error mentioned above, it also showed (what I imagine to be) an extremely shrunken image in the preview panel. Compare the left image in Problem.png to CM4.png. Perhaps this is because I had to convert the original file from .eps to .ai? I also had to save it as version "Illustrator 8" for it to work correctly with the iMark software. Any other version I've tried gives me a separate error.

Any help is appreciated.

Problem.png

CM4.png

Edited by MWD
Forgot to attach images.

The sensor in the back does have to be covered, or you will get that error.  I hope you have a carrier sheet under those, or they have some kind of backing, or you will be tearing up your cutting strip.  Unless that cutter has a groove that the blade runs down thru.     Also  I do think you can get the Graphtec Pro Studio  FREE down load with that CE6000  Pretty much like  Flexisignpro without the RIP.  Well worth it.  

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form

Yes, after a little tinkering, I got it to at least feed one sheet (that I fed by hand). Problem now, the mechanical arm that comes down to feed the paper is coming in way too high. It hits the top of blade carrier and scrunches the paper against it, rather than going under to the rollers. Fiddling with the uplift and insertion settings in iMark did nothing. This one does have a groove for the blade though. Will check out Graphtec Studio and report back shortly. Thanks Skeeter

Think info will be pretty slim on that here on the forum - the members I have read that do business cards use a slitter and not a plotter.  as it is a specialized piece of equipment I would contract support where you got it or imark directly.  out userforum has amazing members but mainly on equipment we have hands on knowledge with or have read a lot about - this is the first time I have heard about this item being mentioned since it came out a couple of years ago (someone posted a video)