JLS Design

New Cutter Time

44 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Well, show us the stupid thing you cut just to play.

We all did it with the first graphtec.

Here ya go. After messing with it, here is what I cut that was successful. Still have to dial in where to start the media, but very impressed with the cut! 20180415_184310.thumb.jpg.101a3ebb10b87cb287f84421817d65fc.jpg

• Like 3

Ya just have to love the one on the right after my request. Knew there had to be one. Ha ha.

• Like 1

Just now, bikemike said:

Ya just have to love the one on the right after my request. Knew there had to be one. Ha ha.

Hahahaha...my cousins husband asked for 5 of those damn stickers.  I'll make em for him.  No clue what he's putting them on, but more power to him.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JLS Design said:

Still have to dial in where to start 

Whats to dial in?  Put the  carriage head where you want it and hit the ORIGIN button...  Pretty easy. 

32 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Whats to dial in?  Put the  carriage head where you want it and hit the ORIGIN button...  Pretty easy. 

I'll have to look closer then.

14 hours ago, JLS Design said:

I'll have to look closer then.

when you put the blade where you want it to be, and push the ORIGIN button,  The cutter starts measuring from that point.  Your design should be smaller than your vinyl, and the ORIGIN, doesn't let the design run off the side of the vinyl. Looking at your cutter it is the upper right button on the control panel.  All cutters have ORIGIN.  That is what makes it X Y  0

Also when you set your cutter up, hopefully you set it up to cut from the lower right corner. 

On 4/15/2018 at 9:43 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

when you put the blade where you want it to be, and push the ORIGIN button,  The cutter starts measuring from that point.  Your design should be smaller than your vinyl, and the ORIGIN, doesn't let the design run off the side of the vinyl. Looking at your cutter it is the upper right button on the control panel.  All cutters have ORIGIN.  That is what makes it X Y  0

Also when you set your cutter up, hopefully you set it up to cut from the lower right corner. 

Yep, seen the Origin button after looking closer at the control panel.

When I load my media I have 3 options the cutter is asking me to select one.  I was selecting there and proceeding to send the job to the cutter.

I tested last night, after selecting one of the 3 options, I used the origin button, and got the message new origin point set.

Cut was successful. 

Overall, I'm very pleased with this cutter!