Sign in to follow this  
ShaneGreen

LPII blade holder

Seems that most folks swear by the CleanCut blades, so I emailed to find out what blade and holder I need for my LaserPoint II.  Ross has replied that a ROLD-60  is what I need for a blade, but he doesn't know which blade holder.  Neither of the ones he has seem to look much like mine:

http://cleancutblade.mybigcommerce.com/holders-for-roland-type-blades-comes-with-a-blade-your-choice/

and

http://cleancutblade.mybigcommerce.com/blade-holder-for-mimaki-and-envision-style-blades-comes-with-a-blade-your-choice/

USCutter offers one that works for the SC/LPII and I could order it from them and then order the blades separately,  but I wanted to get both from the same place.  Any suggestions on what's compatible? 

lp2 I believe is a liyu cutter and the lp1 was a creation - so if new I would look for a blade holder for a liyu.   aftermarket blade holders if you want to make sure it fits order thru uscutter - if willing to chance it there are lots of them on ebay with pictures and list cutters brands they fit - 
Ross has the best blades by far but blade holders for every cutter made I don't believe is a priority as there are so many different cutters and stock would sit around unlike the blades that go quickly

I can attest to the Clean Cut blades! I just swapped out some cheap, eBay junk for a Clean Cut, and it make a world of difference! It's ups the level of precision cutting, although now it's harder to weed because the cut lines are so dang thin.

Unless you're consistently and constantly switching from regular vinyl to thicker stuff (ie. reflective, etc.) - you can make due with one.

Good luck.

Thanks, I think I'll go with the USCutter blade holder.  Can't wait to try out the cleancut blades!

• Like 2