Sign in to follow this  
bikemike

Single tag states

For those of you that make novelty tags for cars in the single tag states, is there restrictions on them? I do not mean the vulgar stuff, More wondering about tags that look like other states or out of country.

Have someone wanting a fake Ontario plate (looks very real) in the state of Arizona. And probably driving through other states.

Any help on this is appreciated.

The designs are copyright protected.     Here is Utah and other states may be the same. 

that fraudulently altering or counterfeiting a registration card, license plate or permit issued by the Motor Vehicles Division is a second-degree felony under Utah law, carrying a penalty of 1-15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

And while many of the violators eventually have the charges reduced to a misdemeanor level, it doesn't start out that way. The felony classification results in the immediate arrest of violators, which has caused some upsetting and embarrassing experiences for average people who would otherwise never find themselves in jail.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Skeeter. Well worded.

Leaves a lot of questions (to me) but I agree it could be a bad day if they wanted.

I see a lot of them for sale but personally I pass - maybe because of where I worked it seems like a bad idea to me if it looks too real

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Thanks Skeeter. Well worded.

she googled it and copy and pasted it lol

13 minutes ago, mb20music said:

OF COURSE I did, !!!  Did I say I wrote this?  A@@HOLE!!!  How many times do you have to be told to STAY Off my posts!!!!  You must be FN stupid that people have to keep telling YOU!!!  STALKER!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mb20music said:

51 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

OF COURSE I did, !!!  Did I say I wrote this?  A@@HOLE!!!  How many times do you have to be told to STAY Off my posts!!!!  You must be FN stupid that people have to keep telling YOU!!!  STALKER!!

This feud has been going on too long and I have tried to resolve it thru PM's - MB20music - enough trolling Skeeters threads and Skeeter watch the language even if not spelled correctly - it is hard to correct one when both participate in the back and forth - PLEASE both don't respond to each others responses in threads 

In this case MB20music there was no need to further the feud with the snarky response, skeeter keep it civil...................

Both of you on your own are great contributors to the forum and valued members but together you are like nitroglycerin on a bumpy wagon ride.
rant off

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mb20music said:

Don't care how she got it. I was exactly what I needed and I appreciate the effort she put into it..

• Like 5

Just for future reference,  since we're on the subject of front plates, you can't use reflective red on a front license plate.  Actually, anywhere on the front of a vehical:

§393.26 Requirements for reflectors.

(d) Use of additional retroreflective surfaces.. . . .

"(4) No red color shall be used on the front of any motor vehicle, except for display of markings or placards required by §177.823 of this title."

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 4:14 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

Well worded Sketter

• Like 1

I wish it could have looked better, but this was what was decided on to not get to close to a "real" one.

Special thanks to Skeeter for her help with the law.

20180415_133519.jpg

• Like 1