Crystal H

Canon PRO-4000 banner material??

I'd like to know if I can print an outdoor banner with my Canon PRO-4000. Here's what I need in choosing banner media:

For aqueous ink

Double-sided (to be stretched across a road)

Will hang outdoors for 2-3 months a year

Wind and water resistant
Lost lasting

The existing banner that we use costs $650 to order. Looking to save some money for the community. 

Aqueous ink has very poor uv resistance and poor water resistance.  You won't get long lasting.  With no treatment, it might last a few months, probably weeks.  It might dissolve on the first rain.  You could treat it with frog juice or something similar and maybe get a couple years out of it.  Wind resistance is from the banner material itself, according to its strength.  Cutting some wind slats helps in high winds.

• Like 1

I can easily treat it with frog juice. The one we have now has wind slats in it. It has lasted 10 years. 

Do you know if anyone makes strong double-sided banner material for this ink?

3 minutes ago, Crystal H said:

I can easily treat it with frog juice. The one we have now has wind slats in it. It has lasted 10 years. 

Do you know if anyone makes strong double-sided banner material for this ink?

the one you have now is probably a 18oz material and printed with solvent ink - not even in the same league as aqueous and lighter banner material.  for double sided you can print 2 and put sew them together when you hem and grommet it