oogie08

trouble with imported vectors

I'm trying to import my vectors from v carve pro (a cnc software) to vinyl master cut edition.  I'm importing it as a pdf and it looks fine but the vector as a whole isn't connected.  from node to node its all in separate pieces so when it cuts it out on the vinyl cutter the blade picks up at all the separate vectors.  I watched some of the tutorials and tried combining them but not having any luck.  Any imput would be appreciated  

vm.JPG

Probably an issue with how the CNC software is creating/saving the file. I know I've tried to save some things in formats common to CNC machines and the files never look quite right when reopened with normal vector software.

If you could post one of your PDFs I and others can try and import them with various software to see if we can find a solution that will work for you.

You might also try saving your files from the CNC software in a different format.

3d software uses types of splines not found in 2d software.  What happens on export to a 2d format is often you get open paths and not closed paths.  You can get curved shapes, circles and ellipses turned to polygons.  This often means tedious reworking in a 2d vector program to join the nodes, (not combine.)

What darcshadow said about trying other formats might help. It might not.  Maybe vcurve has some polygon or precision settings for 2d export.

Really appreciate you're inputs.  After saving my file from v carve in different formats and then importing them into vinyl master come to find out that an AI. file seems to turn out like the original.  Thanks again.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.