Sign in to follow this  
TheCuttingGuy

Creation PCUT CS630 Will Not Work with Flexi - Displays 'Working... COM-1 CONNECTION'.

Hi there!

I've been trying this on and off for months but I just cannot get it to work. I have happily been using my Creation PCUT CS630 in Corel Draw to cut vinyl (using the special plugin), but I really want to start contour cutting, which I don't think can be done in Corel and can only be done by using software like Signblazer and Flexi.

I have Flexi 10 and my cutter will not cut at all. The furthest I get is after clicking the final 'Send' button, the cutter recognises something but then displays 'Working... COM1-CONNECTION'. It stays on this screen so I have to just turn the cutter off to remove it.

I think i'm doing most things right. I plug the cutter in via the USB cable that came with the cutter, I find the correct port in device manager, in Flexi I choose my cutter along with the correct port. There could be just one little option that needs to be enabled or disabled but I have no-idea.

I also using Windows XP so I don't think it's a problem with the operating system being too new or something like that. I also tried it on Windows 7 and the same thing happened.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I'm so tired of trying!

Thanks!

Which version of Flexi10 do you have? There are several versions.   And does it have a USB dongle like picture below?  Like a thumb drive that goes into a USB port on your computer?   Use a different USB port than Com 1.  

FLEXI 10_DONGLE._1.jpg

Hi there, I have just bought a Pcut CS1200(G?) and I am having the exact same problem... exact same message on the screen etc. Can you tell me how you managed to get around the issue? I have been at this for 3 days... this is the closest that I have come to on Google to figuring out how this works. Just wanted to be able to make stickers etc for the kids. Thanks, 

10 minutes ago, Big bloke in Aus said:

Hi there, I have just bought a Pcut CS1200(G?) and I am having the exact same problem... exact same message on the screen etc. Can you tell me how you managed to get around the issue? I have been at this for 3 days... this is the closest that I have come to on Google to figuring out how this works. Just wanted to be able to make stickers etc for the kids. Thanks, 

the OP posted various situations - you may have the same error, but not the same setup.

What software are you trying to cut with?

What is your hardware setup?

Were you able to cut before and only now it's giving you the error, or did you just get this machine and it's doing it?

• Like 1