Guest Kari W

How to preview corporate logos included with pro

Guest Kari W

I have all of the extras included with pro installed on computer but can't see a preview or anything until I insert them in software.  Is there a way to preview them?  All I can see through windows explorer or when importing through software is a generic thumbnail and now a preview.  Thank you!image.png.ad220e08f0c36ae453b3dcbaea397847.png

image.png

image.png

>File >Import >Advanced >Corporate Logos >whatever folder you want

A file explorer type window will open but just showing the generic thumbnail. In the upper right corner you'll see a little icon of a computer screen and a downward arrow.  When you hoover over it you'll get some form of the phrase "Change Your View".  Click on this and choose "Large icons"  (or if you're on the high end of middle age I hear you use "extra large icons", but I don't know from experience. No. Really.)

Those instructions may or may not reset themselves each time (gotta love windows). This "should" be permanent.

>Open Windows Explorer

>Navigate to  OS(C:) > Program FIles (x86) >  FutureCorp > Extras

>click on the "View" tab along the top menu.

>click "Large icons" from the list of views.

>The last menu option on the right should be "Options" open this.

>click "change folder and search options"

>the usual options/properties dialog window opens. Click on the "view tab" of this pop-up.

>chose "Apply to Folders" and then "Yes" from the confirmation dialog.

>click "Apply" (if it's offered) and then "OK" to close out the pop-up.

The next time you open any of the fonts, logos, clipart, etc. from within Vinylmaster, it should show the images. Your mileage may vary. . .

Guest Kari W

Thank you for your help!!  I did the 2nd set of instructions but still no luck.  This is what I see still.  No preview available.  :(  My laptop is pretty old and is running Windows 8.1.  So far it has worked as I just use it for vinyl design/cutting.  Any other ideas?  

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Start Button > Settings > Control Panel > Folder Options > View

Make sure "Always show Icons, Never Thumbnails" is UNCHECKED and "Apply" or "OK".

Then You should be able to Preview the Thumbs within VinylMaster.ControlPanelFolderOptions01.jpg.7774b5da5a09bd3a08d2990c06162b9b.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Kari W

I have tried all of the above suggestions and still no luck.  I tried changing the primary program and that just changes all files to show the generic program icon.  Thanks so much for all of the ideas.  I just haven't had any luck so far. 

Guest Guest

Ive reinstalled VM and followed the checklist above but i still cant get it to work. any help would be appreciated

Can you be a little more specific? Program doesn’t open, opens but isn’t responsive, responsive but cannot cut, etc.

you should take the time and register for the forum. It’s free and your posts will go up immediately. 

• Like 2

If you have installed the VinylMaster 'Extras' files (separate installation after Program install) and Rebooted your computer you can look in

C/Program Files (x86)/FutureCorp/VinylMaster/Resources/VClips/Corporate and check that the .vClip files are installed.

Then they should be under this Tab in the Program;

CorporateLogos.jpg.a4e81664ed47c5ee5a9374d60d3dd221.jpg

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.