Sign in to follow this  
phil lancaster

original ct 630 driver disc lost

What does the properties show for the Keyspan in device manager,  Does it show it is working properly.? 

hi i ran the 9pin null serial cable to the keyspan connector and then the usb cable that the keyspan connector came with to the usb port on the pc

phil 

On that TEST SPEED  for the Keyspan why is the Baud Rate at 230400 ?   Can that be changed down ?   I would think it is 9600  Like in Signblazer. 

• Like 1

When it seems like the cut job is being sent, but I get nothing on the cutter - It's usually because my cutter is off line (but Sign Blazer isn't going to tell you that).  I know it seems dumb, but trust me, it happens a lot.

• Like 1

This is on your instructions for the assistant    "If the IDLE message displays, your serial device’s software is not currently accessing the Keyspan port"

Why is your port on 1   and the com is 2?  Try putting the port on 2. 

If the BUSY message displays, a program (software) has accessed the Keyspan COM port. In most cases, this means that you are ready to start using your serial device via the Keyspan adapter. If your COM port appears, the Keyspan software and hardware is installed correctly and further troubleshooting is not needed.

Hi will have got the computer and cutter talking well sort off

i have sent a small text saying test however it cuts a little and the stops and it displays waiting in the cutters display any pointers #

thanks phil

Hi i have managed to get the cutter to connect to the pc however when i send a small text saying test  it cuts about half of it and then stops and displayes waiting in the display have you any ideas on what it could be

thanks phil

did you change that baud rate to 9600.?  On both Device manager and software.  Now again, your not stating which software your using.  Did you ever try one of the other softwares as suggested?  

Hi i am using signblazer elemements on the com port in device manager and the  baud rate is 9600 the baud rate in the keyspan assistant i am lead to believe is the test speed as when i reduce it to 9600and test it passes but it reverts back to the higher value after testing

phil

Sorry,  But I have mentioned several times to try a different cutting software.  There are trials of Vinyl Master, Scalp, and Signcut.. Signblazer works great for some, but it is old out dated software.. You need to pin down the problem,,,the other software is current and updated.  Maybe someone  else can help..I am out of ideas. 

Let me try to get a grip on this ...

You're running Win10
Cutter connected via Serial Cable to Keyspan adapter
Sign Blazer

Cuts part of what you're sending, then stops?

A: In the Keyspan Assistant, change the "Receive FIFO Buffer Size" to 0 (Zero)
   - If that doesn't work ...
B: What length of cable are you using?

Hi i have installed windows 7 and sign cut it sometimes cuts and sometimes dose not it will cut halt way through a job and stops displaying the comment "waiting" in the plotters doisplay it think i might call t a day and buy a diff make cutter as it is getting beond a joke the cable is inly 1.5 meters

phil

Have you tried changing the FIFO buffer size?

no i have not will give it a go. is it best to increase it or set it to 0 all the settings are at default at the moment when it stops it takes some resetting 

phil

set the FIFO to 0 (zero), and see if you can the speed to stay at 9600. I don't know why the adapter assistant would let you test at that speed, but not keep the settings.