Sign in to follow this  
phil lancaster

original ct 630 driver disc lost

Hi Everyone

I am hoping that someone can help me out i have bought a pcut ct630 and i am having nothing but problems with it

i bought it second hand and it worked  to a degree and it has stopped

it is connected to a desktop that has windows 10 installed and connected via the usb lead their it has now stopped working via the computer but it dose carry out a self test via the cutter and it works ok i am at my wits end and any help will be grately appreciated i was going to reinstall the usb driver but the original disc is missing has  anyone have a copy they could help me out with

thank you all phil

not sure if the UK p-cut is different than the USA models that uscutter used to sell - back then it was the ftdi driver so maybe search for the creation p[-cut ftdi driver

Hi Thanks for the quick reply well it was using artcut9 but it used to randomly just drag the blade across the work so i have a copy of signblazer eliments to use when i get it to go

i emaild creation hk and give then the serial number of the cutter and they said it was not one of there machines and give me this web address http://pcut-cn.com  I emailed the support link and i have not received a reply

hi just an update

Well still at the end of my teather i have loaded windows 7 and sign blazer elaments 6  and still no response i have checked it in different usb ports and still no luck

when i look in device manager it shows the connection as usb serial converter  and then usb serial port comm 3 and in the printer device part of windows that shows the devices connected it shows that the usb connection is to a unspecified device (This is were you can set your default printers)

i realy could do with some guidance as i have jobs to cut 

thanks all phil

Most of the value cutters, do not work on USB anyway,  They have a cheap Chinese chipset.  The best thing is to put it on a  Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter.  and be done with it.  That is the brand name.and the only one that will work with a vinyl cutter.  Then use the null modem cable with it.   Example below.  The Tripp-Lite Keypan Adapter has helped 100's of people on here. Find the best price    The USB end of Keyspan goes into com  port on computer, then null modem cable is connected to Keyspan, then to  vinyl cutter.    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-PC-Mac-Model-USA-19HS/282883088224?hash=item41dd255f60:g:J4sAAOSwx2hap-8Y  

After you install the driver for the Tripp-Lite Keyspan, it will show up in the device manager of your computer, com port. Then match it to the com port in Signblazer.cutter set up.   Plenty of instructions around on how to install it. 

Did you manually set the "Output Device" ? 

My cutter happened to be assigned to COM4.

You can find the setting in your Sign Blazer > Cutter > Setup

The cutter is not a printer and should no be appearing as a printer.

5ac05bee278e7_ScreenShot2018-03-31at6_11_09PM.png.01d7ba6bef9f3d534f0b8c051528c8b0.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 6.05.54 PM.png

hi sorry its been a while i have been waiting for the keyspan adaptor

well it has arrived i have connected it and still no joy

this cutter will be the death of me 

any ideas anyone thanks phil

Your not telling us what your doing....to help you.  Show some screen shots,  of your device manager and your set up in your cutting software.. 

Did you reboot your computer after installing everything.. ? and restart signblazer.    Maybe try again.    If that didn't work,  Try a trial of a different software.  Vinyl Master.  Scalp. or Signcut.  

After you type some text in Signblazer, and send to cutter,  what is the cutter doing?  Or error your getting.  ?

put the Keyspan on a different com port# as well as in Signblazer.  Try a different cutting software. 

stay away from Art CUT        Total junk  worse than Signblazer.        Show how you hooked up the cables.