cdipasquale

How do I cut decals larger than my cutter?

Hey there, I am using vinylmaster cut with a 28" sc2 and I am looking for help on making large wall decals that won't fit on one sheet of vinyl. If I design a decal in the software, lets just say is 60"x60", how do I get everything lined up so that I can install it in multiple sheets? Do I just start the cut and the software will figure out how to break it up or do I need to somehow break it up into multiple cut jobs? I didn't want to just try it because if it doesn't cut correctly, I'm going to ruin a lot of material. Thanks

looks like from this other thread that is not an auto option until the pro level

If you plan to do this sort of thing very often it will be worth the upgrade. This is typically called tiling. You want to allow for at least 1/4" overla[ between tiles so there doesn't develop a gap later as the material shrinks (and it will)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Totallynutz said:

Depending on the design, Make a copy of it first or as needed.   You can make a very very thin long(Tall)  rectangle like a sliver and use to split the image apart into sections etc. then align them together on the wall by joining the 2 large images to make one or several.

And depending on the design you may be able to break it other places to help hide the splits. A tree for example, you could split off individual branches so that the seams are then where the branch meets the trunk, or larger branch.

• Like 4

On 3/24/2018 at 9:04 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

looks like from this other thread that is not an auto option until the pro level

grrr if this is the case ive been searching vinylmaster basic for an hour trying to find out how the guy did it in the video i seen, that i cant find at the moment lol!

the pro upgrade is what you need > I just did the upgrade (@ 50% discount). Already booked job( which required "tiling" ) That covered the upgrade cost.  WHAT A DEAL !!

• Like 1