Sign in to follow this  
elskeetro

CE6000-60: Win10 Issues but Mac works perfect.

I've got a CE6000-60 that works perfectly with my mac desktop and Illustrator CS5.

In preparation for going mobile with my heat pressing setup, i picked up a Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10 and Adobe Creative Cloud (read - cheaper than macbook). 

I got the graphtec software installed, I can send jobs to the cutter, but no matter what settings I apply to the cutter or the Graphtec software, the cuts are super jagged and look horrendous. I've tried every offset, force, speed...nothing seems to stick or make a difference.

cut the same file on my mac...works perfectly.

Thoughts?

in your production manager, click on properties by the cutter name at the top, then on the third tab at the top of the little box that comes up - see what your settings are there.  I have never seen them different on a standard install but that area or if you have graphtec cut controller installed will override the plotter settings

temp3.jpg

scratch that - looks like you might be using cut master 4 with your illy  and not the graphtec pro studio I use - I got confused when you said you use the graphtec software and didn't specify.  I am sure someone that uses the plug in will be around shortly as we have a great group here

You're right, i use the Illustrator CM4 plugin, but when you send the job to cut/plot it also loads the cutting master 4 software that you included in your screenshot, so that may come into play. I will check that location you suggest and see if the settings conflict. 

I'm also wondering if the Mac CS5 file opened in Windows CC may have some corruption/conflict...I've never seen that before, but i suppose it's possible. I will also try to recreate the file fresh on the PC and see if it has the same issues. 

Thanks for the thoughts. 

Are you running it in VM Fusion or Parallels?

19 hours ago, haumana said:

Are you running it in VM Fusion or Parallels?

No, OSX is running on the mac and Win 10 is running on a Lenovo Thinkpad. 

I got it to work. recreating the file on the PC Illustrator CC cut very nicely. 

Thanks for all the help. 

4 hours ago, elskeetro said:

No, OSX is running on the mac and Win 10 is running on a Lenovo Thinkpad. 

I got it to work. recreating the file on the PC Illustrator CC cut very nicely. 

Thanks for all the help.

Glad you got it working. If you don't want to be switching back and forth between the two machines - I'm running a MacPro 4,1 with Yosemite (I know, I have legacy software I'm not willing to pay for again), with Parallels w/Windows 7 (because I hate 8, 8.1, and I'm on the fence about 10). But I can get my Graphtec to cut out of both sides - just need to know which COM port in the settings.

• Like 1