Sign in to follow this  
Who just cut me?

Design alignment.

Hello People, 

Well now that everything is in effect I am getting through the learning curve. Thus far my shirts are turning out quite well and have held up well to all my tests and the ones people now have seem  to love them . However, as I am a stickler to details I am trying to find the best ways to ensure the most correctly centered install of designs. I currently use the adjustable t shirt t square. It does help but I have had a couple shirts that I was not satisfied with placement and put in the oh crap pile. I have noticed from videos some people use the technique of fold the shirt and creasing the center slightly with the heat press then folding the transfer and creasing the transfer medium slightly then just centering the creases. What is everyone else's technique?

Thank you in advance!

I too get overly intent on the centering & straightness of a shirt graphic.

BUT, take a minute to put that shirt on after it's pressed....

the body beneath the shirt affects how the shirt hangs....and what the graphic looks like......no two bodies are alike either!

SO, unless you are WAY off on the placement, most customers will not notice a slight shift one way or another.

Just my experience.....but, I happen to have a good eye for straight and centered....others may not.

Sue2

I love my laser system for sure.  Takes all the guesswork out of it although the first one of a set can still be low or high if you get in a hurry.  I probably worry too much to be honest. We were just at a big volleyball tournament up in Spokane and of course my girls want a hoodie as a memento. You watch those numb nuts throw the logos on all crooked and no consistency just makes me cringe but not as bad as paying $50-60 for a hoodie that I can buy for $10. The cool thing this week was my wife talked the guys at the booth into selling a couple of the plastisol transfers for $10 each to throw on my other kids hoodie when we got home. That was nice of them.