kkeeble

Cutting Issues

Ive cut about 100 of this same decal before on the same cutter. Now im having issue with them. ive messed with the offset and overcut setting and still get the same results. Any ideas? material is 751

VICO.jpg

that was the first thought that mb20music came up with - 2nd is have you tried a new blade (broken tip)  

what plotter is it - do you have a spare blade holder around to eliminate that from the equation?

I used the Pen adapter this morning and it came out perfect.. so my guess is either the blade offset is way off or there is something wrong with the blade holder..

Offset has nothing to do with bad cuts like that, offset only effects how sharp the corners come out. That being said, your corners don't look sharp, but I don't know if that font is suppose to be sharp or if they have more rounded corners. It looks to me like you have a blade exposure problem. You said you replaced the blade, did you then recheck the blade exposure/ cutting depth using Mz Skeeter's method? 

I have torn apart the blade holder and made sure there was no debris in the holder and rechecked the blade depth. Everything seems to look fine

I would take apart the bracket arm that holds the pen/blade and examine it closely to see if it's not cracked.

That is actually a common thing on the MH units, and is often overlooked. (overtightening the knurled knob will crack it)

Just cleaned the rollers that the carriage runs on.. ther was some debris in the tracks.. not sure if that was it..But i also did about 5 test cut to get the blade just scoring the backing paper...seems that it might have been a user error after all.. thank you all for the help....

• Like 2