Laone Mokgosi

CTH630 giving me a nightmare when cutting

hello everyone can someone help with how the offset and overcut should really be ,because my cutter sometimes cuts perfectly and sometimes it cuts horizontal lines across the design wasting alot of vinyl. i tried so many times playing with the offset settings but still does the same thing over and over again.its a CTH630  

Random cuts through the design are not offset or overcut, that sounds more like a static issue.

• Like 1

what darcshadow said -  offset and overcut produce the same results every time and neither causes random lines

For it to start cutting those horizontal i realized that it doesnt complete the letter its cutting , it would start cutting many lines from right to left then it goes back to the letter then finishes it and continue with the design 

what could be the cause of this ?

Ok, that sounds a bit more like a software problem. What software are you using and do you have the correct drivers?

Do you have a true cutting program? I do not use Corel, and while I believe you can cut from it, it is not a cutting program. Did you get any software with the cutter?

• Like 1

Special software interface, can output directly from CorelDraw, ARTCUT software (copied from the cutters specifications ) 

its responds well when cutting but the problem are the lines its creating 

Have you tried to cut something that was initially generated in artcut? a different design?

random slashing could be caused by bad communication, which could be software based or cable based. it could be caused by static, a bad cable, something running in the background of your computer, multi-tasking on the computer while trying to cut, etc.

it's only going to go away through process of elimination. there are a lot of things to try to resolve this issue - change software, change cable, change USB port, trying going serial if using USB or using USB if using serial, change graphic, try cutting text only (not based from a graphic), fresh reboot of the computer with the only thing running is the cutting software, try using Sign Blazer, etc.

Good luck.

12 hours ago, Laone Mokgosi said:

Special software interface, can output directly from CorelDraw, ARTCUT software (copied from the cutters specifications ) 

its responds well when cutting but the problem are the lines its creating 

Could be Artcut, I have heard it's not a great cutting program but the issues you describe sound like Static. The Budget cutters are very susceptible to static discharge and will do all sorts of wonky things. 

Possibly, but typically when it's static once it goes wonky, it doesn't come back and finish.

cutting with a value cutter from corel has never worked well for me and artcut was worse than junk when I tried it 10+ years ago - 

Maybe the best first step it to try Sign Blazer Elements.