Victor Chimango

Graphtec CE 5000 120 issue

Hey guys, how are you?

I'm mad already... well the thing is: I have a graphtec CE5000 and its display is a mess cause it’s showing some weird characters, and I’m almost sure it’s not a language...

We were using the plotter at the company, but today I had a non related issue with it and I did a hard reset

I’ve just begun to work with signs, vinyls, etc and I can’t work anymore

As you guys know, Brazil has absurd prices because of its messed up politics, and that’s why I’d need someone to help me...

If we can’t reach to a point where I can fix the display, at least I’d want to change the settings based on someone’s else video of settings, idk...

Thanks

5B3AED5E-7AF2-4C61-ACD4-25247BA110BA.jpeg

you can download the graphtec cut controller and try that but the display doesn't look like anything good happened - betting mainboard issue or firmware but it will be expensive to fix if so.  did you try a second hard reset?

It was like that already (the display messed up) , but it worked fine

I turned it on, it read the 3 "wheels", then it went to origin point and then stopped.

The problem was that it started to unroll all my vynil (50 meters / 100+ feet) so I thought I have did something bad.

So, this in the adittion of the display issue, it came to my mind to hard reset it and upgrade the firmware, then I did it.

Now I have a machine that I can't change setting because I can't see anything.

The situation right now is:

I turn it on, it read the first and the second "wheels", and it stops on the third (but I cannot really see what's written on the display)

Thanks.

I'm not sure if my "right" button is working, too...
I'm reading the manual, and I think I'm stuck at setting the Command/ Interface conditions, but as I can't see, I need a video of someone doing, or someone who did a hard reset on a
machine like that, and I simply follow his steps

What are the odds of this happening?

3 hours ago, Victor Chimango said:

So, this in the adittion of the display issue, it came to my mind to hard reset it and upgrade the firmware, then I did it.

Now I have a machine that I can't change setting because I can't see anything.

The situation right now is:

I turn it on, it read the first and the second "wheels", and it stops on the third (but I cannot really see what's written on the display)

Thanks.

now that we have seen before and if I recall correctly they ended up replacing the mainboard as they couldn't reflash the mainboard again - and again as I recall they are around $600 if you can find one

So it doesn't pay off to fix it, right?

What about blindly set its parameters based on another machine?

Like hard reset both, then the steps  taken to set one are the same as the ones to set the other...right?

Cause, as I said, it was properly working, despite of this display issue
The problem is that I hard reset it and now I'm not able to set its parameters, cause I've never did it before and I can't see anything

You should be able to download "Cutting Plotter Controller" From the graphtec site and set it up that way if the board is still good.

if you cant work it since the attempted firmware update , that is not a good sign from what we have seen in the past.   to me if I thought all it was was a mainboard the $355 would be worth it - but that is no guarantee.  I repaired a roland someone thought wasn't worth the $600 for a mainboard once and sold it for a profit after buying it , buying the board, replacing cut strip, blade holder.  so value of the cutter is up to you.  the ce5000 was a great machine

it is just a matter of if it is a gamble you are willing to take

Okay, now I'm a little ashamed, but happu at the same time

It was only the roller which was slightly unaligned with the grit, and then, as I wasn't seeing shit, it just stopped

Thanks a lot, guys!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1