HVBilliards

Hello from a new guy

Hello, thought I would pop in and introduce myself.  I am from Ohio and recently purchased a SG400 and the SC2 after reading though many of the helpful threads here.  I am a league operator for a pool league and there are many products I can now make on my own to support and award the players that play in my area.  I also hope to grow a little outside of the pool industry but will always work for my first love, pool.

I look forward to learning from you all as I begin this adventure!!

Thanks for reading and I am open to any beginner tips or tricks you may have to offer.

Todd

Welcome from Idaho. If you have any left in the bank and can swing a cheap (harbor freight) sandblast cabinet you can make some sweet etched glass options. I don't really sell that type of thing but Christmas and Wedding gifts are super personal and you can buy all sorts of inexpensive glass objects and mirrors to work with. 

Welcome aboard HV,

now Goose, how did you get the lights to vary horizontally like that?

9 hours ago, Cal said:

Welcome aboard HV,

now Goose, how did you get the lights to vary horizontally like that?

That's just some string type LED lights from Lowes. The kind you cut to length. That is my first ever edge lit, all my other creations are just natural light. 

• Like 2

Welcome, Todd.

Are you going to be doing hats, also? Those are hugely popular.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:49 PM, Wildgoose said:

That's just some string type LED lights from Lowes. The kind you cut to length. That is my first ever edge lit, all my other creations are just natural light. 

I think he's referring to green at the top and white at the bottom. I'm guessing it's a combination of the camera and the way the glass reflects/refracts the light.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

I think he's referring to green at the top and white at the bottom. I'm guessing it's a combination of the camera and the way the glass reflects/refracts the light.

You are correct! Ha ha! Cinematography? 

• Like 1

Right now I'm not really sure what all I will get myself into.   My initial goal was to be able to make my own items for the pool league I run to save some money on my expenses. 

Now I am looking at everything I can do and getting all kinds of ideas in my head!!

Hello and Welcome from Florida